Steinheil ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector for MOTOROLA Droid X

ccartertn

Reaction score
I've had the Ultra Clear on for about a week and it is great. Hard to tell it is even there. Went on easy - just make sure you are in a low-dust environment.
I've noticed the UC screen actually feels / works BETTER when you go outside and it is really steamy. The naked screen would often stick from the condensation - the Steinheil UC does not.

CC

rydizzle

Reaction score
I've had the Ultra Clear on for about a week and it is great. Hard to tell it is even there. Went on easy - just make sure you are in a low-dust environment.
I've noticed the UC screen actually feels / works BETTER when you go outside and it is really steamy. The naked screen would often stick from the condensation - the Steinheil UC does not.

CC

I've been on the fence about which screenguard to get. I think you just sold me. Florida=massive humidity so if the Steinheil helps out I am gonna head that route. Thanks.

bucknutz

Reaction score
Just got mine and put it on. I really don't even notice it and i'm not a big fan of screen protectors.

Highly recommend the stenheil...

BrianV

Reaction score
just got mine in the mail today and it went on great and this is one awesome screen protector.... my moto d1 was naked... i tried the "matte" VZ protectors... the UC rocks

CrashF16

Reaction score
I just installed mine and am not impressed at all. The edges do not lay flat so it looks horrible. The first one was bad in one area, so I installed the second one...it was even worse. I've used Zagg Invisible shields before - good product, and I've used the Verizon Anti-Glare shield - also a good product (but it only covers the viewable part of the screen. I just wrote to Steinheil to see what they can do about it...we'll see.

iHad a G1

Reaction score
I just installed mine and am not impressed at all. The edges do not lay flat so it looks horrible. The first one was bad in one area, so I installed the second one...it was even worse. I've used Zagg Invisible shields before - good product, and I've used the Verizon Anti-Glare shield - also a good product (but it only covers the viewable part of the screen. I just wrote to Steinheil to see what they can do about it...we'll see.

I believe you might be the only one. My Steinheil fits perfectly flush, no bubbles and looks great. It also survived a 2-foot fall smack on it face, on concrete. Both the phone and SP are perfect. I also like static cling, not risking activating water damage sensors to put on a screen protector. I had one on my iPhone and i lost the smooth sliding surface, and it made playing games unbearable. I like not knowing my screen protector is there, like a good security system. If everyone.knew where it was, it wouldn't be doing its job.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ThirdWheel

Reaction score

It's possible you got a bad couple of screens, but it's probably user error.

Queue long rant about how many flawless screens you have installed.

jk12

Reaction score
Call me an idiot or impatient, which I'm neither, but just tried installing and got one speck of dust and ruined it. By the time I realized it was dust, I had to peel it back which ruined that edge of the protector. Same thing happened to the second screen.

Waste of money. Guess I should invest in a clean room.

So, I puchased and just applied the seido ult screen guard. Looks perfect. Invisible and smooth as glass. I applied it in the bathroom with the shower running. Not one piece of lint.

The Steinhall went in the trash. I doubt there's any difference in the two. Just use the steamy shower method...and do a simultaneous peel-off, roll-on application.

kerbstomp

Reaction score
I'm trying the finger print resistant version.
Has anyone tried this version??

I think the general consensus was that the Fingerprint Resistant SGP was prone to the rainbow effect and really mucked up the glassy feel that you expect from a touch screen.

Which brings my question into play: I realize the Ultra Crystal is prone to fingerprints, but how bad is it?

LunaImages

Reaction score
I'm trying the finger print resistant version.
Has anyone tried this version??

I think the general consensus was that the Fingerprint Resistant SGP was prone to the rainbow effect and really mucked up the glassy feel that you expect from a touch screen.

Which brings my question into play: I realize the Ultra Crystal is prone to fingerprints, but how bad is it?

The UC is oil resistant. It seems to resist oil better than the screen itself. It's the best out there.

goracer

Reaction score
Call me an idiot or impatient, which I'm neither, but just tried installing and got one speck of dust and ruined it. By the time I realized it was dust, I had to peel it back which ruined that edge of the protector. Same thing happened to the second screen.

So, I puchased and just applied the seido ult screen guard. Looks perfect. Invisible and smooth as glass. I applied it in the bathroom with the shower running. Not one piece of lint.

The Steinhall went in the trash. I doubt there's any difference in the two. Just use the steamy shower method...and do a simultaneous peel-off, roll-on application.

In the shower uisng using the moisture from the steam? That would render a :blackberry: useless. I think a moist tissue would be safer then steam from a shower. :blackdroid:

baniels

Reaction score
The point is for the steam to stick to particles in the air and drag them to the ground as it settles. It works.

In the shower uisng using the moisture from the steam? That would render a :blackberry: useless. I think a moist tissue would be safer then steam from a shower. :blackdroid:

Reaction score
Installed both mine and my wife's Steinheil screen protectors and both are flawless with no dust or hair. We have 4 dogs and a cat and all of them shed like crazy! Just followed the directions and was careful when applying.

Mine is the Ultra Clear... just like glass with a little bit more resistance to fingerprints. My wife's is the anti-glare/anti-fingerprint. I haven't noticed any rainbow effect yet, but it definitely softens the beautiful screen of the DX a bit. She loves it though.

I am a little PO'd at SGP right now though because my son really liked the anti-glare after I put one on my wife's X, so I ordered him one for his Dare. Almost two weeks now since I ordered it and its still not here. I contacted SGP about it and they told me that it was out of their hands and I need to confront USPS about the matter? That's funny, I dont remember handing the product to USPS to deliver to me?

Oh well, I'm sure this will get cleared up eventually. They do have a good product and as long as this gets resolved I will order screen protectors from them exclusively in the future.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk