Steinheil Delayed

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Accessories' started by jhom, Sep 28, 2011.

1. jhom

jhom Member

I just received an email from the SGPstore indicating that my order for the Ultra Crystal screen protector will be delayed at least another week. Apparently, the proximity sensor doesn't like to be covered. They had to ship their stock back to Korea for redesign. I guess I'll have to stay naked for now.
  2. Covington

Covington New Member

Aw its okay bro. Flop one of those free vzw screen protector for now and you should be good.
  3. lewblue83

lewblue83 New Member

great..................they just shipped mine out on the 28th. i guess this means ill have the F'd up ones. FML
  4. Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea New Member

I just realized that's the problem with my current screen protector. I had a VZW screen protector on there when I bought it, but a couple weeks ago I got my Skinomi skin in the mail and used the screen protector that came with the kit. I was wondering why my screen decided to stop coming on when I used my phone.... Must be the blocked sensor.

Are there any other brands that cover the full screen but not the sensor? Also, I've never used anything from SGP, but I keep seeing that name pop up.. Are they any good? Should I wait for a Steinheil to come out for my Bionic, or is there something else you recommend?
  5. BoDuke

BoDuke New Member

Yeah, I ordered after you guys said it was delayed, thinking they wouldn't ship me one until it was fixed. I got it in the mail today and it does not have a sensor hole. Forgot about it until after I put it on. Looks good though. But I emailed them about it.
  6. jhom

jhom Member

Who did you order from? Steinheil and SGPstore should have known about the sensor problem.
  7. BoDuke

BoDuke New Member

Straight from the sgpstore. Kinda makes me mad. And it does have the issue that it doesn't come back on after you take it away from your face.
  8. BoDuke

BoDuke New Member

This is the response I got from sgpstore. Not very promising.

"We are sorry about the proximity sensor issue that you are having with Bionic and our screen protector. Our team is aware of this issue, and we are redesigning the new screen protector. Please email us back next week to check if we do come out with the new one, then we will send you the replacement. Thank you.

-Peter"

Why do I have to email them again? Not very happy with this service.
  9. Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea New Member

I emailed Skinomi this weekend about their screen protector and they got back to me today with this:

A few minutes later I got another email with an invoice from them. Not only are they sending me another screen protector (one that won't block the proximity sensor) but they're sending me another skin. And nothing was wrong with the skin; it's actually one of the best skins I've used. I'm very happy with them, and just as a sidenote, their products are made in the US :) I guess that's why it didn't take them long to correct their design.
  10. BoDuke

BoDuke New Member

They emailed me today and said they are coming out with a redesign and will be sending me one.
  11. jclerman

jclerman New Member

got an Ultra Crystal w/o the prox sensor cutout

I ordered the SGP Ultra Crystal for my Bionic 2 days ago and it came today. Has cut-outs for camera and speaker but not for the proximity sensor. They must *still* be sending out old stock.

I emailed them; hopefully I'll hear back soon. Kind of a hassle.
  12. JaBr1884

JaBr1884 New Member

FWIW I ordered the Ultra Crystal before stock was available, and received the "defective" stock which does cover the proximity sensor. I never noticed the screen not turning back on after removing from face issue, so I tested it after reading this thread; My screen turns on perfectly fine by the proximity sensor. Maybe others have had an excessive amount of finger juices due to the screen protector. Still, I'd hate to have issues down the road, which would be my luck.
  13. jhom

jhom Member

I received my ultra clear protectors today. The new version has 3 cutouts on the top for the camera, mic, and LED/proximity sensor. I was able to install it on my first try without getting any dust underneath the screen. The fit is perfect. The clarity is superb. The feel is as smooth as a naked screen. No problems with the proximity sensor function. I would highly recommend the Steinheil.
  14. BLAZE86DUBZ

BLAZE86DUBZ New Member

i got mine today as well perfect fit no issues love it