Steel 3.0 broke headphone?

blackbelt27

Reaction score
Problem: headphones dont work, upon insertion nothing happens

ive done about 4350347 different flashing, even after soft-bricking my phone and installing using safestrap, theres got to be fix somwhere im missing

Reaction score
After flashing monsterrom and a few others I stuck with steeldroid b/c I liked its feel the best....about a week l8r my headphone jack didn't go out, but the phone got stuck thinking that headphones were always in, I.e. not being able to hear calls unless on speaker and shortly after that (>1day) nothing but static could be heard. I used my vzw insurance and mnfctrs warranty to get a new phone, but sbf'ing was a nightmare to get superuser off and I'm still a bit sketched it could have been steeldroid.
I contacted chevy and we agreed it was hardware issues but if others are having this problem especially while their flashed w/ steeldroid we may need to reexamine the coding...I dunno tho I'm no dev.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

WhatiPhone

Reaction score
Just checked mine to see if mine worked and they do. I started music without headphones and then plugged the headphones in and still worked. Don't think it's SD3.

Reaction score
Just checked mine to see if mine worked and they do. I started music without headphones and then plugged the headphones in and still worked. Don't think it's SD3.

I admit it seems more plausible that its hardware issues moreso than sd3.0, but if its happening to users after they flash sd3.0 more and more I say investigate it.
I've seen headphone problems for multiple different reasons on multiple forums with the droid 3 tho so maybe its a design flaw. Flashing sd3.0 tonight again with new phone and ill be running it until cm7 or it breaks....so we will see.

OP
B

blackbelt27

Reaction score
Ive considered doing diagnostics with a volt meeter and a battery, but I don't want to take apart my 4 month old droid 3

Im leaning more toward a bug with the new google music or something software related, just doesn't feel like a hardware error, I haven't even dropped it or anything, and its very rare headphone ports break

trebor_edwards

Reaction score
My rooted stock 2 month old d3 seems to have some headphone issues, it sometimes has no output unless I move it around a bit, maybe it is the hardware?

OP
B

blackbelt27

Reaction score
Downloaded "toggleheadset2" from the market, hitting the toggle widget with headphone plugged in makes a noticeable "pop" in the headphones,

So yep software error

nu2droid

Reaction score
Been running sd3 on two different D3's. Headphones worked perfectly on both.

Solo1414

Reaction score
Mine weren't working either. The jack was dirty. I cleaned it and my headphones are working again.

Jason R

Reaction score
Now I can't use the phone except on speaker wtf

Sent from my SD3

Jason R

Reaction score
Installed stock backup with root and all problems solved

Sent from my SD3

mikedomo

Reaction score
My headphones workly perfect in my Droid 3 with steel droid 3.