steam damage

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
if i keep my phone in the bathroom can the steam from the shower damage it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
Possibly. I wouldn't risk it. I think those water damage sensors turn very easily.

lerit50

Reaction score
If you have a fan/vent you should be fine. I listen to music from my droid all the time when I hop in the shower.

I also sing, but that's a totally different story :p

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I think it will be fine depending on where you place it at. The further from the shower the better, and as said above, make sure the fan is on.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I can see using an iPod, but would you bring your laptop into the bathroom while in the shower?
I wouldn't.

Graymayre

Reaction score
My first phones water indicators turned eventually just from sweat steam from being in my pocket.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

droidphone23

Reaction score
I think that if u keep it away from the shower and maybe have a vent to put it under or something u should be fine. so I would just be careful where I put it.

bmking24

Reaction score
I have put a shirt or towel over the phone while showering and it seems to be OK. Just turn the volume up a little louder!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Graymayre

Reaction score
I don't need music in the shower anyway, I sing ;P

kparks

Reaction score
if i keep my phone in the bathroom can the steam from the shower damage it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
to flat out answer the question YES steam can damage it and set the sensors off not likely tho... ive set the sensors off just by taking my phone on a run with me tho

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lots of T.M.I. in this thread - but yes steam can cause your water indicators to smear, therefore voiding the warranty. As has been pointed out, sweat from being in your pocket can cause moisture to get in the phone too.

I'd be very cautious about not having a fan running or window open. Or, take a cold shower, or keep the phone out of the bathroom and sing like I do...oh wait, TMI.

lerit50

Reaction score
Lots of T.M.I. in this thread - but yes steam can cause your water indicators to smear, therefore voiding the warranty. As has been pointed out, sweat from being in your pocket can cause moisture to get in the phone too.

I'd be very cautious about not having a fan running or window open. Or, take a cold shower, or keep the phone out of the bathroom and sing like I do...oh wait, TMI.

Who are you kidding? Everyone sings in the shower at least every now and again :p

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Steam can easily trigger your water damage sensor.

If that's what you're asking.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Okay, learning something new here. (Does the manual mention this? I haven't read it.) If the steam sensors went off what would be the visual indicator?

Graymayre

Reaction score
There isn't a steam "sensor". It is the water indicator. It has an ink pad under a white one, when moisture comes into contact with it, the ink "smears" to the surface layer. Like bleaching a red sweater with your whites.