Stay with the X or go with the Charge?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by MajorDroid, Jun 11, 2011.

1. MajorDroid

MajorDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Stuck with the most recent technology problem. With VzW going to the new data plans should I stay with my X, or go to the Charge with 4G (not in my area until 2013) and save my unlimited plan for 2 more yrs? Or better yet, wait until VzW actually provides a date for the new plans and ride it out until then to see what comes out. Maybe a Dual Core 4G model? One thing, I am a recent heart transplant recipient and travel to a 4G area frequently for check ups.

Thanks,

MD

#1 MajorDroid, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't know about the Charge, but I did get my hands on a Thunderbolt today. Wife got one and I got to mess with it. Very nice, IMHO.

3. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I dont think the Charge would be much of a step up from your X. I would wait for something with better tech. I wouldn't worry about tiered data unless you use more than 2gigs a month.

Sent from my fascinate

4. kookk

kookk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was able to play with a charge yesterday and was blown away by the screen but not much else. It was quick, but felt like a toy in my hand.

The thunderbolt however even though it has some plastic felt very solid. More solid than my x2 ( probably since the tb is a lot heavier)

If I were you id either get a tb or wait for a dual core 4g

Sent from my DROID X2

5. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +339
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
    Tbolt or stay with the X. I watched a couple youtube vids on the Charge and it seemed slower than my X. Do you have the Gingerbread update yet?