Status Update App

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by twalbaum, Jan 29, 2011.

1. twalbaum

twalbaum New Member

Back in the days of old when I was running the stock Droid X stuff, it came with a social status updating widget. I have gone through a few ROMs since then, and just did without it, but I actually miss it and I want it back. I tried to move some .apks from my stock backup to my Liberty setup, but it's not working. I want the status updater! Or something similar. I don't like the Facebook widget because I don't want peoples statuses on my screen, and I want it to be 4x1. I just want a text entry box on my screen that I can type a status update into, and send it to Facebook.
  2. quiklives

quiklives New Member

Why not use something like Tweetcaster? I mean, it was made for Twitter but it integrates just as well with facebook. Just link your account to it - I have mine linked to both, so I type one thing and it goes both places. It's free, and there are a few different options for the widgets. I have the small widget with the dark theme and it looks like this:

Homescreen left
  3. pjjanak

pjjanak New Member

Nevermind....

Peter
  4. twalbaum

twalbaum New Member

I tried out Tweetcaster before and it works ok. I was really hoping for the old social networking app, though. I'm using the Facebook widget with peoples statuses below it right now and even though I get status spam from other people, I think I'll keep using it. For some reason I just like the way it looks better than Tweetcaster. I guess I'm picky.
  5. dirtyfingers

dirtyfingers New Member

If you are using launcher pro plus there is a great Facebook widget that will do exactally what you want.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  6. twalbaum

twalbaum New Member

I'm using ADW Launcher. I used to be using Launcher Pro but I switched to ADW for a few features. I might try out Launcher Pro Plus and see if it can convince me to switch though. Ty for the info!

Sent from Outer Space using Magic!
  7. octoberdana

octoberdana New Member

Try colorized widget they have a facebook widget.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Droid Forums App
  8. twalbaum

twalbaum New Member

Just checked out colorize. It has some nice features and is very simple. I'm going to have to try it out for a while. Good find. Thanks.

Sent from Outer Space using Magic!
Search tags for this page

status update app