Statement from th3oryrom

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
RUMOR MILL

Well First off, lets get the Rumor mill under control... I did NOT pull the ROMs, A simple bug report did not hurt my feelings, and I have not gone anywhere.

The thread will reopen when the rouge XML edit to solve the Blur Widget issue is resolved. I closed the thread because NOBODY reads the posts before thiers and it fills the thread with "I can't see the text on my widget" over and over again. It is NOT a task to read a few pages... Yes, the thread grows like crazy, but... I amswer questions from more than just the last page when I check in, you guys can at least read the last few pages. If you do that, then you wouldn't have to go back 4 pages and read because we wouldn't have the same thing being said multiple times. It really isn't that much to ask.

I enjoy building, sharing it, hanging out in the forums, BSing with everyone. But this is a community, we HAVE to work together to keep things this way. What can we do?

1: READ THE OP!! Come on, I can't possibly be any clearer on wiping and install procedure. I hate typing all that... You can at least read it.

2: SEARCH A LITTLE: I don't expect not having questions... I HAVE never been one to say "Search", and anyone that has been around me or my threads from the start know this. But Damn, read a little. Check the OP, The forum, and quick flip through the Thread even and see if it has been reported, if it has been resolved by someone, or if it has been answered.

3: RESPECT THE TIME THIS HOBBY INVOLVES: We ALL have lives and responsibilities in the real world. A little perspective??? I myself (Not including what Dhacker has) have about 40+ hours into the 2.2 release... Which I don't mind because I am enjoying it. But the amount of time and work that goes into this, the chances of missing something as minor as the text color in the Blur Widgets is VERY easy to miss. The outrage over something so stupid considering what was accomplished and what was put into does PISS me off.

If we all work together and spend our time modding our phones, we can make something great and have some fun.

That is ALL. :)

DroidTh3ory aka (Jason)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, a little reading and understanding goes a long way in the android community :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mkrebs66

Reaction score
Amen brother. Keep up the good work.

jkliving92

Reaction score
Well put. I cant stand seeing people ask about what was clearly spelled out in the OP. *applause*

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jpnestel

Reaction score
Apologies if anything said sounded anything other than grateful. You guys work hard. Thank you

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wizard

Reaction score
I agree with every thing said here. Read, Read, Read..... Thats what the forum is "Words to educate us". There is no other way to state the obvious. This forum as others even include a built in Search that even check individual post in each thread looking for the Key words one might use in there question that they are repeating for the 100th time that was answered on page 6 of a 100 page Thread. Take the time to read all the way through a Thread to understand how it was developed and what has gone into it.

When I ask a question I at least try to word it so any one can chime in and let me know if its my screw up or if its a Community error that needs looking into.

DroidTh3ory, DH and Th3ory team,

Thank you and your team so much for the time and effort you guys put into the wonderful roms. I find little wrong with the New 2.2 Packs. I wish more than any thing if People find an issue that it could be handled at a One post rate (One person ask if its personal or community error) If two people reach the agreement that the share the same issue its safe to say all Th3oryroms packs of the same release share the issue. It does run a Thread in the ground when there are more than 3 post about the same issue or when the Thread goes off subject ( I have been guilty of this more than a few times).

In past forums I have seen full time Moderators to keep a Thread solid and in-line. Possible that Rom Threads might need to acquire a
Moderator to keep down on repeated questions and to keep every thing in order. Just my 2 cents.

Again thanks for the Rom and Keep up the Great work.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping it civil in here guys, your awesome, and I assure you we have a top notch moderation team at work 24/7 - if you ever come by something we may have missed we welcome you to report the post, this will bring the situation to the immediate attention of the mod team :)

entcee

Reaction score
Does this mean we will have to wipe everything? Hahaha JUST KIDDING! Keep up the good work. Your roms are great. I love the fact that you have the option to stay blurry :)

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I agree with every thing said here. Read, Read, Read..... Thats what the forum is "Words to educate us". There is no other way to state the obvious. This forum as others even include a built in Search that even check individual post in each thread looking for the Key words one might use in there question that they are repeating for the 100th time that was answered on page 6 of a 100 page Thread. Take the time to read all the way through a Thread to understand how it was developed and what has gone into it.

When I ask a question I at least try to word it so any one can chime in and let me know if its my screw up or if its a Community error that needs looking into.

DroidTh3ory, DH and Th3ory team,

Thank you and your team so much for the time and effort you guys put into the wonderful roms. I find little wrong with the New 2.2 Packs. I wish more than any thing if People find an issue that it could be handled at a One post rate (One person ask if its personal or community error) If two people reach the agreement that the share the same issue its safe to say all Th3oryroms packs of the same release share the issue. It does run a Thread in the ground when there are more than 3 post about the same issue or when the Thread goes off subject ( I have been guilty of this more than a few times).

In past forums I have seen full time Moderators to keep a Thread solid and in-line. Possible that Rom Threads might need to acquire a
Moderator to keep down on repeated questions and to keep every thing in order. Just my 2 cents.

Again thanks for the Rom and Keep up the Great work.

I cannot add to this but to say," ditto" ! Until there comes a day when I might be able to contribute on a tech level, I learn all I can from all here! And remain humble in your wake!

Last edited:

GeLopez

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping it civil in here guys, your awesome, and I assure you we have a top notch moderation team at work 24/7 - if you ever come by something we may have missed we welcome you to report the post, this will bring the situation to the immediate attention of the mod team :)

amen to this and.

i love the OP #2 point. i would have added that if the search in this forums doesnt help then, use something new called google.com believe me its pretty darn good!!!

themistah

Reaction score
Thanks for the roms and the work you put into it.......sometimes people forget that what you do you are doing it for free.....I like you're work and appreciate it....

Tepes

Reaction score
Thank you DH. I'm sad you had to post this for the folks that just can't seem to look at what is in front of them but it's great to see how much you care about your work and those of us in the community that use and love it.:hail:

kamisan

Reaction score
DroidTh3ory aka (Jason)

#3- Your time is precious. I am Grateful for your work. Time wise though- Family first, work second, fun 3rd, our concerns somewhere near the bottom.

For people getting free well done software and mods we should be more thankful.

Myself I ran out and got a bionic the day my contract was up, my OG I bought to go to Haiti on a relief mission (hows that for an excuse :) This one was pure fun for me.. Got my bionic and was dissapointed, Loaded your rom as fast as I could (1.8) and by 2.0 was really really happy I had a bionic. Now I've dorked and reloaded a few times and I stick with your roms. I like the blur base and am grateful. Thank you for your work!

Kamisan aka (dave)

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Does this mean we will have to wipe everything? Hahaha JUST KIDDING! Keep up the good work. Your roms are great. I love the fact that you have the option to stay blurry :)

Lol, you beat me too this one!

A big thanks to all the posters here that have both answered questions and kept it lively.

A bigger thanks to the TH3ORY team. To think that in such a short time, they have put something this great on my phone is really incredible!