State of the Note 4

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I knew it. I was gonna post something about your love of nexus &/or moto right now.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk
Hey when i wrote the op I imagined myself describing my nexus 6, except with a better camera, a removable battery, and expandable memory.

marthinollys

Reaction score
I use the S-Pen on a regular basis, mostly when I'm spending a lot of time reading newspaper/magazine articles on my Note 4. I use the copy text function frequently, and
the link/text preview function when hovering the S-Pen.

Note 4

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the S5 and my son was using a very very old original iPhone. I made a deal with him and he got the S5 (he loves it and no turning back to iPhone for him - he drank the kool aid). I then used my eligible phone upgrade and got the Note 4 and have had it since Thanksgiving. I love it just as much as the day I got it. Since it's on VZW, it is completely stock, but other than bloatware, and the fact I can use Nova Launcher, I have it customized the way I like it. I rarely use the S Pen, unless I want to share something I see on a browser page or something. I was at a meeting a couple of weeks ago and needed to jot down some information. I was searching for a piece of paper and a pen and then I was like DUHHH, you have a Note 4. The pen worked great and I got the notes jotted down that I needed. Like Johnny Kansas - I will never be able to go back to a smaller screen again. Love this phone! Battery life is phenomenal. I charge it when I get home from work and an hour later it's at 100% and good for the next 24 hours. It takes fantastic pictures too.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I will be ditching the S5 for a Note 4 in the coming weeks

I ditched my S5 on Thursday for this phone and it is just amazing. I'm still trying to get used to the size, as I have very small hands.
I would probably use the S Pen more if it were placed on the left side of the phone, as I am a lefty.
I am amazed by the battery. My first full day, I went 20hrs54min off charger and had 5hr34min of on-screen time. That's including almost 2hrs of playing Candy Crush :D My S5 would have been dead long before that.
I really want to go back to using SwiftKey, but I don't want to lose the capability of writing with the pen

Sent from my Note 4

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thinking about it more, I think I've determined the other reason I don't think to use the s pen regularly. I've grown accustomed to using the device one-handed like I have with previous smaller phones. Unless I'm playing a game or something in landscape mode, I rock the Note in one hand all day long, which is "handier" to me. So, it has to be a conscious decision to tie up both hands to use it.
Can't imagine using that behemoth one-handed...

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't imagine using that behemoth one-handed...

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.
I use mine 1 handed often without even enabling 1 handed operation. It's actually easier to do than on the Note2 because of the much smaller bezel.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I ditched my S5 on Thursday for this phone and it is just amazing. I'm still trying to get used to the size, as I have very small hands.
I would probably use the S Pen more if it were placed on the left side of the phone, as I am a lefty.
I am amazed by the battery. My first full day, I went 20hrs54min off charger and had 5hr34min of on-screen time. That's including almost 2hrs of playing Candy Crush :D My S5 would have been dead long before that.
I really want to go back to using SwiftKey, but I don't want to lose the capability of writing with the pen

Sent from my Note 4
You won't lose the capability to write. Use any keyboard you want. Hover the pen over any text input area til you get the blue circle with a T in it.
dee066d8067b76698b7fd763e3891d4f.jpg

Click the blue circle & the handwriting interface comes up.
2eaa57144da16154042f133621872aa1.jpg

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk