State Farm App Pocket Agent Now Available

OutGolfn

Reaction score
Pretty cool app for anyone that has State farm. Signing in actually displays your auto premium and ACTUAL insurance cards. Pretty amazing that they look like mirror images of the cards in your wallet.

This might not be an app you use everyday but definitely one that comes in handy during a time of need.

cderry

Reaction score
I work at State Farm's corp HQ in Bloomington, IL. Wish I could say this Pocket Agent app was my idea, but I know the kid who proposed the idea to management and drove the idea to production. He's like 26 years old.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Pretty cool app for anyone that has State farm. Signing in actually displays your auto premium and ACTUAL insurance cards. Pretty amazing that they look like mirror images of the cards in your wallet.

This might not be an app you use everyday but definitely one that comes in handy during a time of need.

I down loaded. Pretty sweet. The "actual insurance card" screen says "This does not consitute an insurance ID card as may be required by your state"

Big Lou

Reaction score
Now I wish my Insurance Co (American Family) would get the ball rolling. They have an iPhone app...

rwdfan

Reaction score
Interesting, but what value is it if cops do not accept it as proof of insurance?

Does anybody know if it is accepted in Illinois, by any chance?

CharlieJ

Reaction score
Interesting, but what value is it if cops do not accept it as proof of insurance?

Cops don't need a card for proof of insurance. IF they call in your license, the call center tells them if you have insurance or not. The card is just something they can use to hassle you about -- if you don't have it or the card itself is expired.

rwdfan

Reaction score

Cops don't need a card for proof of insurance. IF they call in your license, the call center tells them if you have insurance or not. The card is just something they can use to hassle you about -- if you don't have it or the card itself is expired.

You need one in Illinois. Here is a quote from the Secretary of State's site...

"You must always carry your insurance card in your vehicle and show it upon request by any law enforcement officer. Your insurance company will send you an insurance card, usually when your insurance policy is issued or renewed."

I remain curious, is it considered an acceptable "insurance card" for law enforcement purposes?

If not, what does it do for me?