Starting to regret moto droid. HTC any better?

OP
B

bamarammin87

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, and thanks mrkleen for showing I'm not crazy and these phones aren't perfect :)

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, and thanks mrkleen for showing I'm not crazy and these phones aren't perfect :)

Um, I don't think anybody said the phone was perfect. What I got from the thread was that all smart phones are going to have problems of some kind. Seriously if you are looking for us to justify you switching to HTC go for it, no body here cares, but with such a complex piece of tech packed into such a small space there are going to be problems sometimes. I am pretty sure I can type "XX phone problems" into google and get a ton of anecdotal evidence that a phone is crap for any phone out right now.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Lol, I don't think anybody else was doubting your issues. If it doesn't work when you need it to then all these fancy features don't mean much.

I used to have the LG Env2 and I knew a bunch of people who had problems with that phone and I never had one. I really think a lot of it does boil down to luck. Sorry if you're getting any hostility from anybody around here. It's just the majority of people read/post actively are going to be those who have had very little or no problems that they haven't found a solution to. Good luck:)

OP
B

bamarammin87

Reaction score
Lol, I don't think anybody else was doubting your issues. If it doesn't work when you need it to then all these fancy features don't mean much.

I used to have the LG Env2 and I knew a bunch of people who had problems with that phone and I never had one. I really think a lot of it does boil down to luck. Sorry if you're getting any hostility from anybody around here. It's just the majority of people read/post actively are going to be those who have had very little or no problems that they haven't found a solution to. Good luck:)

Thanks. I love love love everything it can do...but like you said, I keep having problems where I can't use the features. Killing me. I don't want anything other than a droid...but I don't want to have an unstable phone in january when I have to start using it for work.

Zroid

Reaction score
I had to exchange my Droid 2 times before "I" figured out that it was the microSD card that was giving me problems NOT the actual hardware. The issue with mine was the phone going to sleep mode and can't get it to turn on again without pulling the battery out. My wife on the other hand is still on her original equipment with plenty of dings and scratches and still going strong.
I've not been a fan of Motorola and relied on LG and Samsung but with Droid I would buy another Moto android product.
Another thing, Verizon in-store diagonostics usually cannot duplicate your problem or find solutions.

:motdroidhoriz: Currently Running
UD eXtreme 7.0 (Fast & Stable) :reddroid:
Watermark'd Theme
P3Droid LV 1200MHz Kernel

MrKleen

Reaction score
lol ok the one post the guy says he dropped his phone at LEAST twice on the ground before it ever acted up. I would guess at least 2 other posts are his also. I have never seen any severe issues with the droid.

You may very well being having these problems but until I see a video with your screen name in it I am saying BS.

As I said in my post I am sure there are people that have never had an issue with their Droids, and that is great!

But I can only speak from my experience with the phone. And that is that when I got my first phone in November at first everything was ok with an issue every once and awhile. When you are in love with your phone you are willing to overlook a lot... :) But within a few weeks the thing started glitching. It would turn off and reboot about 10 times a day on it's own. I would have to keep an eye on it cause people would say they called me and I didn't answer, but my phone never rang. It would just lose service then sit that way for a while before shutting off. Everyone I spoke with complained of how jumbled I sounded. The phone would lock up on my all the time and I had to pull the battery all the time. I put up with this as long as I humanly could and returned it a little more than a month after getting it. They were kind enough to give me another brand new phone. Soon after getting the second phone the same things started happening. Again I put up with it for a few weeks until I was going to go mad.

Shortly after Christmas I went back to return my second phone and the girl told me I should just get a different phone and that she would do that for me. I had waited years for Verizon to come out with a cool phone and at the time the only other option was the Eris which I did not want. I told her I loved the phone if it would only work. I argued with her cause this time she was going to replace it with a white box refurb. I accepted it and was now on my 3rd phone.

In January I started following instructions on rooting and so forth and began loading custom roms. I have not had problems since....

Everybody may have different experiences.... this is mine.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Bama.... I can assure you you are not crazy. I have had my phone since launch date. When the 2.1 update came out, I was so frustrated with my phone I was about to throw it out the window. It was unresponsive, force closed all the time, etc. As a last ditch effort, I rooted it and have not been happier. My husbands droid started having phantom touches and opened various apps all on its own (never used replacement charger either), then his home buttons stopped working. Took his into verizon and got a replacement. The replacement was a little better for about 3 days. Out of frustration, I rooted his phone. Now except for the loose screen he is very happy with his droid. My mother was happy with her droid until the 2.2 came out. After the OTA hit her phone, she experienced laggy, non responsive screens, apps not opening, everything force closing. I told her that I would root it but she took it to Verizon, they told her that the 2.2 was crap and in the process of them 'LOOKING' at her phone and hooking it up to their computer, they bricked it. She now has a Droid 2.

So I can totally attest that you are not crazy. I would suggest you look into rooting your droid. You may find that solves all your issues and allows you to find some love for your droid again.