Starting to have issues...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Bionic was rock solid until this week.

1) The sound has been hissy. For example when playing Words With Friends and it makes a noise I hear a hiss before and after. Also sometimes I hear it repeating the sound at the end in a very low volume.

2) It hasn't been updating my mail. Which has worked perfectly since I got it.

Don't know why this is happening but I'm not delighted.

indee2025

Reaction score
My Bionic was rock solid until this week.

1) The sound has been hissy. For example when playing Words With Friends and it makes a noise I hear a hiss before and after. Also sometimes I hear it repeating the sound at the end in a very low volume.

2) It hasn't been updating my mail. Which has worked perfectly since I got it.

Don't know why this is happening but I'm not delighted.

I know exactly what you are talking about but rest assured the sound problem is not your bionic, it happens to me only when I use words with friends as well-sounds like it resorted back to 8 bit video game maniac mansion style sounds that are not good but fixed when you refresh the screen by pressing the top button twice to flash the screen black for just a second....I did have my ringtone play messed up too but that was when I got a call in the middle of playing a word and it was already doing the sound funky..anyway I say it's not yours only because my droid 3 did the exact same thing I believe its an issue with Words with Friends not the devices....Also the mail fetching is not the bionic either, sometimes yahoo/gmail servers that support the app do not tell a device to update...I have no problem with AOL mail if you have tried that but it's the apps in my experience, this has been happening since my OG Droid...

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's weird because Words With Friends never did this until recently. I have tried turning the screen on and off but it didn't seem to help. Sometimes rebooting helps.

As far as the mail I use K-9 and no google or yahoo accounts. It's as if moving from wi-fi to 4g to wi-fi messes it up.

You hear hissy noises or do you hear the sounds get all warped up? I get that also but it usually self corrects on the next game. The hissing is a new issue. I think that's the issue that you're having - where the sound gets real high and is weird.

Mine is different. It hisses every time I move a letter and then hisses again and repeats the sound. Sounds like a defect.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Wait, Guru, I'm sorry, but weren't you just threatening a class action law suit merely a week ago because of your faulty Bionic?

mikespe

Reaction score
Funny you guys mentions words with friends because I JUST began having issues with that app. Not sound issues (not yet anyway) but it's causing FC's & data issues. I did the 5.7.893 update & had ZERO data issues until the last Words update!!

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Funny you guys mentions words with friends because I JUST began having issues with that app. Not sound issues (not yet anyway) but it's causing FC's & data issues. I did the 5.7.893 update & had ZERO data issues until the last Words update!!

I've had a few force closes. Maybe the new version is buggy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Never said my Bionic did not work or said I would file a class action.

Maybe you should do your research.

So I did some research, and if you spend about 5 minutes going through pages 2 to the end I think you'll find you made some interesting remarks. Now, if you're pulling some attorney BS (assuming you ARE a real attorney), and by saying this you're simply implying you never directly said those words just strongly hinted at it and being in favor for it....then /facepalm. If you STILL need more evidence, I'm sure I won't have much trouble finding the other comments you made in other various threads.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...3-please-support-thread-regarding-razr-2.html

and

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/178806-bionic-razor-petition-2.html

And normally I wouldn't make a deal over this, but since you pretty much called myself and MANY others liars, trolls, idiots, blind, or lazy IN MORE OR LESS WORDS, then I think you need to man up and admit you lied or just flat out apologize.

Last edited:
OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
As I said I specifically said I would not sue and never said my Bionic did not work.

Learn to read.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok folks.

I did do my research and he did state that he signed the petition and being a lawyer he "could see it being a class action suit."

He didn't say he was filing one himself.

Can we move on? Thank you.

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

dlo-htown

Reaction score
As I said I specifically said I would not sue and never said my Bionic did not work.

Learn to read.

Totally OT... but I'm looking at your handle... SSHGuru... I take it you're well versed with SSH? I only mention it because I just finished implementing SSH and SFTP into our product line that had no previous network security facilities in it before. It was a crash course in SSH in just a few months for me.

Was quite gratifying to see it work. :p