Starter Droid ?

vernw

Reaction score
New to this site . . . I have an HTC Imagio but want to start using a droid phone. Not crazy about the larger 4.3" displays so was going to wait until fall when hopefully Verizon will offer the Atrix.

What would be a good "pre-owned" phone to get for the next 6 or 8 months. Mainly interested in GPS apps and e-mail / google ability (not camera or facebook or texting, etc . . .)

Any guidance is greatly appreciated ! ! !

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. +1 for D2 or X. I have the Droid2Global and the X and both are great phones

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

droid doctor

Reaction score
I have the normal D2 I had it since November been loving it ever since.

OP
V

vernw

Reaction score
Are they smaller than most of the current 4.3" droids out there ?

OP
V

vernw

Reaction score
Thanks ! I'll check out their size and see if their are any used ones out there . . .

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Yes screen dimentions are smaller on the D2 vs the X. Good luck. Check the Android.net forum for phone sales. That's the only forum that I know of that can sell phones

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

OP
V

vernw

Reaction score
Thanks ! The Droid 2 is the right size, but I didn't want a keybord. Is there another Droid phone the same size as the Droid 2 that you could recommend that doesn't have a slider ?

droid doctor

Reaction score
Well you can get the droid incredible by htc its about the same as the droid 2 dimension wise

destin246

Reaction score
Droid 2 since november and its awesome!

Sent from my GB'd DROID2 using DroidForums

bsbabcock

Reaction score
DX fan all the way. Sooooo glad I went with it. Its only downfall is the bootloader (locked). But performance has been great, granted I'm not exactly stock. Hehe.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
well as DD mentioned I say the Inc would be next option. if not, u can check into the Bionic. but IMO u don't have to use the slider, the D2 and D2G both have touch screens. I have small hands so this fits perfectly. try it out in the store if u haven't. get a feel for it, may surprise u

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

droid doctor

Reaction score
I don't use the keyboard I my droid 2 very often just for times when I get pissed with the on screen kb or I need to type a quick text.

OP
V

vernw

Reaction score
Any suggestions as to where to get a reliable second hand one . . . Don't want to spend a lot because I will be re-newing plan in the fall and probably go with a 4G

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I am bit new to this forum, bt not new to android. For the past 1.5 years I used the Moto Backflip, aside from its design flaws, it wasnt a half bad phone despite the weak cpu, but trust me when I say after having my D2G I wont ever recommend a mid range android to anyone. Sure it didnt work half bad at first once I got rooted and got a rom that was simply optimized version of the stock rom. However time went on, and I found more and more games and apps that were useful in one way or another, and the phone started to just creep to a halt. While viewing websites were possible, it wasnt the best viewing experience and with a weak cpu page rendering wasnt exactly soemthing to boast about. While the larger screen does not fit in my hand quite as well, its manageable and well worth it.