Rescue Squad
Reaction score
StartTalking

Currently ranked 3 stars by 126 people
Downloaded 5,000-10,000 times
Reviewed on a Motorola Droid with rooted roms MIUI V2 w/Android 2.2
chart

Texting while driving?
I think we all know that is a no-no. We do other things beside drive when behind the wheel though. We change the radio, talk to others, roll the windows up and down, adjust the mirrors, and more. Here is an app that lets you keep your eyes on the road 100% of the time.

Without touching the phone or looking at it you can post your Facebook status, update Twitter, read you your text messages, send out a text message, and ask what time it is. It will announce that you have text messages from people and read them to you if you okay it as well. There is a good tutorial video and a help menu can be found when you press the menu key.

Pros:
works as advertised, even when the screen times out and the phone goes into sleep mode.

Cons:
I wish a voice dialer was built into this app so you could answer and make calls hands free too. Another con is you need to remember to have it already on.

Barchetta

Reaction score
my review

I'm suprised no one has replied to this post, given it is from last year. That said, I love this app! It is probably my second most used app in my arsenal. My commute is only 15 miles, but given the fact I am in Los Angeles County, that 15 miles does take some time. I have a 15 yr old daughter that texts constantly, even though I told her not to text me on my way into work and home from work, she stil does it. Now, I simply tell start talking to read my text to me and I reply, done deal! I probably send three or four text per commute to her, the wife, friends, etc. The voice dialer works fine, maybe it wasn't available when you first got the app. I only have a couple of complaints; being it's still a beta app, hopefully work is being doen to improve the voice quality, and secondly, I use the car dock and it is set to come on when I dock it, but I still have to manually turn it off when I undock it. Lastly, I wish it would respond and communicate via my bluetooth instead of speakerphone, but all in all, it is a time saver! 10 years from now, this type of app will be the standard personal assistant that we will have every where we go. Making calls, taking notes, texting, emailing, connecting to our home network as soon as we walk in the house. The future on this looks great. They really need to continue to develop and expand this type of app.

Barchetta

Reaction score
Now I've had to eat some crow....i just got a new bluetooth, Jabra extreme blackout, and now start talking interacts via my earpiece! Voila:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums