1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Start email by voice command with Exchange ActiveSync contacts.

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by mmbraycodroid, Mar 2, 2012.

1. mmbraycodroid

mmbraycodroid New Member

Hello all,

I have an HTC Incredible 2 which I use to read e-mails from my personal e-mail (a Google account) and a work e-mail which I access through Exchange ActiveSync. I can use the Google voice commands to start an e-mail to someone in my Google contacts, but not my MS Exchange work contacts.

For example, say I have a friend named John Smith who is in my Google contacts, and a co-worker named Jim Jones who is in my Global Address List contacts for MS Exchange ActiveSync. I can say "Send e-mail to John Smith," and the phone starts an e-mail with John Smith's e-mail address in the "To:" window. If I try the same thing with Jim Jones, an e-mail is started with nothing in the "To:" window and Jim Jones's name appears in the body of the e-mail.

How can I set up my phone so I can start an e-mail to a contact in Exchange ActiveSync by voice command? Do I need to sync the Exchange contacts to my Google account?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Michael
Search tags for this page

disable voice control android

quotes around email address