Starred Contract Not Ringing

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
At the moment, I have two starred contacts.
One will ring thru the Do Not Disturb setting, the other one pops up on the display and vibrates, but won't ring.
I really need this incoming number to ring every time.
Any idea what I've got mis-set is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Evening TxDoc. Are you sure the exact same number that is not overriding DND is assigned to the starred Contact? When it doesn't override and only displays on the screen with vibration, does it display the Contact name? I'm not really sure what could be causing the issue. I have about 10 starred Contacts and when they have called or texted when DND is active my phone always uses the normal sound since they are a priority contact.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Evening TxDoc. Are you sure the exact same number that is not overriding DND is assigned to the starred Contact? When it doesn't override and only displays on the screen with vibration, does it display the Contact name? I'm not really sure what could be causing the issue. I have about 10 starred Contacts and when they have called or texted when DND is active my phone always uses the normal sound since they are a priority contact.

Sajo, you're a sage (someone who has attained the wisdom which a philosopher seeks).
That's exactly what it was! I never realized that number was associated with two names.

Thank you so much. Hope your coming week is golden .

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good deal, glad to hear you were able to get things running the way you want.