stargate will be back

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
don't know if there are any stargate fans here but it is returning as Stargate Origins.
It is about a young Catherine Langford who embarks on an adventure to unlock the mystery of what lies beyond the Stargate in order to save the Earth from darkness.

I wonder if it will be based on the original movie or the series. In the series it only worked one time and she lost her fiance when he went into the gate. whichever, I liked them both.

on a side note, the original move was supposed to be part of a trilogy based on a book series

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been a big fan (except Universe which kind of stunk and was mercifully ended).

I don't know about an Origin story though. Why am I going to care or be interested when they've already covered practically everything else (including touching on the Origin story to begin with)?

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I've been a big fan (except Universe which kind of stunk and was mercifully ended).

I don't know about an Origin story though. Why am I going to care or be interested when they've already covered practically everything else (including touching on the Origin story to begin with)?

have you read the book series the original movie was based on? It is completely different from the tv series so everything was not covered :) hopefully they will based origins on the book series.

I totally agree with you with Universe - in my book, it was bad.

Last edited:

willieaames

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony xperia Z 1
The choice of directors/writers is a little concerning. Particularly the writers. Their IMDb pages list a single writing credit between them and it's for a pretty bad looking short.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trailer doesn't show much, but it's something I would give a chance.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
you are right, the trailer did not show much, just clips from the original movie. however the music gave me the urge to pull out the dvds and start watching the series all over again.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL, I just realized this means WAYYYY back, to ancient Egypt is where is all started (or, technically, aren't we talking another planet?).

That could be worthwhile. What made the original series so great was the tie-in with all the "real" mythology and history.

Was going to say it's a fail because we know they got their but kicked, but actually that's not true....since, at some point, they revolt and bury the Stargates (if it's that other planet, they could even tie that back in with the original series).

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
I like stargate, I thought they did a great job changing it to the small screen. I just watched the preview and saw that they are coming up on the 20th anniversary. Wow how time has flew by. I Liked all of the Stargates, even universe I though it had potential.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Universe had potential. It turned into a soap opera instead of exploring the out limits, getting to learn more about the ancients who built the stargates. I quit watching it after the 6th episode. and that is the only stargate series I did not buy the dvd set. I even got the stargate cartoon, remember stargate infinity?