Star Wars Episode VIII : A new hope? (Gingerbread)

Reaction score
THIS DEVICE IS A NIGHTMARE. Hi, I'm Disturbed, and the disturbing thing about me is I have a 2750mah extended battery, 2 1400mah Stock OEM batteries, and 2 1600mah Amazon batteries. I also happen to notice that this is the worst device I've ever owned.
Sure, it's powerful and fast and has 4G but this device has faced as many setbacks as it's launch did. My battery life is terrible, there are reboots galore (there were), my device doesn't have gingerbread (officially anyways;) ), and I eat through about 4150mah a day doing practically nothing. This thread isn't about complaining though. This thread is asking if anyone believes there's hope. Is there hope for this device through Gingerbread? Please leave your answer/opinion:)

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt

runrhinorun

Reaction score
I now love my bolt, it initially was awful, now after a replacement device and a 2750 battery it is perfect, I guess I am a little biased came from bb storm and bold. So this device is excellent, I get email, have tons of apps, can listen to music and watch video seamlessly, have a reasonably sized screen, and excellent work apps. I don't know, I guess I am a cup half full kind of guy, it initially was rough see my other comments, but now I am perfect.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
THIS DEVICE IS A NIGHTMARE. Hi, I'm Disturbed, and the disturbing thing about me is I have a 2750mah extended battery, 2 1400mah Stock OEM batteries, and 2 1600mah Amazon batteries. I also happen to notice that this is the worst device I've ever owned.
Sure, it's powerful and fast and has 4G but this device has faced as many setbacks as it's launch did. My battery life is terrible, there are reboots galore (there were), my device doesn't have gingerbread (officially anyways;) ), and I eat through about 4150mah a day doing practically nothing. This thread isn't about complaining though. This thread is asking if anyone believes there's hope. Is there hope for this device through Gingerbread? Please leave your answer/opinion:)

I wasn't the only one that got tons of headaches from this phone!

turdbogls

Reaction score
to the OP, if you are seriously running through 4500mah of battery a day doing "nothing" then there is something wrong with your phone. you should have no problem getting through a day with the 2750 battery. i had 100% battery, and tried killing it (streaming pandora and tune in, playing music, playing games, youtube videos ect) and finally killed it 6hrs and 25 minutes later.....and that was TRYING to kill it....not my usual usage. all this on 4G.

you may have some signal issues, a haywire app, un necessary task killers, un necessary things turned on (turn off GPS,WIFI,BT ect when not in use)

your post was amusing to say the least (i chuckled) but if you really do nothing with your phone and it goes through battery like that, you should swith it up a bit.

FYI, i am on Das bamf 3 RC4.9 with the included kernel, OC'd to 1400mhz and smartass governor.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score

There is hope..
Bionic - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

EDIT: I also want to say that the 2750mah extended battery is a total joke. I bought the extended battery a day after getting my TB back in march. I took it back the next day. It made the phone into a comically huge brick. On top of that, it weighed my paints down. It was as if I had a sack of nickels in my pocket. The thing is completely retarded.

Last edited:

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Kinda odd how my stock battery makes it through a day fairly easily.

I am running liquid which seems to make a huge difference. Maybe you should try a different rom instead of swapping batteries 3times a day.

Rhino94

Reaction score
I agree with Crazed the 2750 mah extanded battery is a joke I got it and i wish I returned it but I didn't so now if I use it I just use it on days when I wont be able to charge my phone or I will play on my phone a lot. But I seriously think there is something wrong with your phone. Maybe a battery is bad try conditioning your batteries because my 1400 mah battery lasts me about 7 hours when I just do Facebook, twitter, some texting, and calling with 4G so maybe you should try doing this when you charge your batteries I did this and it helped loads.

Step 1. Let your phone battery either almost die or die
Step 2. Charge your battery all the way until you see the green light.
Step 3. Unplug your phone and turn it off
Step 4. Plug it back in and let it charge until the green light comes on
Step 5. Now repeat the 1st part of step 3 and turn on your phone and plug it in until the green light comes on and then your done.

Now NEVER let your phone have the green light on for too long because I found out that that actually drains the battery pretty badly.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
Bahaha to all, I am no noob, I promise, I don't use task killers, I've conditioned all of my batteries (calibration) I never have GPS on because it doesn't work yet on cm7, this is my second thunderbolt, 1st had the same problems, in fact, I don't even use 4G or 3G, I'm on wifi or nothing at all syncing apps every 6 hours or until I get home , I'm underclocked with screen off, my brightness is at 10%...I know all these tricks, I've had the bolt since launch:) no animations and often times I will force close maps and facebook, there ya have it:) I really do not want a refurb because it probably has the same or worse problems

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score

I wasn't the only one that got tons of headaches from this phone!

Not by a long shot:)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will say this: folks on xda, rootzwiki, etc. claiming 24 hours battery life or more....I don't think there's anything I can do that will achieve that. On BAMF RC 4.9 now and I'll probably be lucky to get 12 hours.

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
I will say this: folks on xda, rootzwiki, etc. claiming 24 hours battery life or more....I don't think there's anything I can do that will achieve that. On BAMF RC 4.9 now and I'll probably be lucky to get 12 hours.

I'm on xda, and I get 24 hours.....after using an extdended and a stock in one day:)

Ambushbug

Reaction score

I'm unrooted and stock battery and often get 24 hours. Granted, I'm not a heavy user, a lot of Twitter and FB for the most part with a little web surfing and gaming.

cafleter

Reaction score
What's the big deal with Gingerbread?

Please pardon my technical ignorance, but what's the big deal with Gingerbread? My TB works great - rarely had reboots and never do now after the last push. Battery life is greatly improved after the last push. Why is everyone obsessing over Gingerbread so much other than it just happens to be the latest and greatest - am I really going to notice anything new/different/fantastic when/if it does come to TB? I'm stock.

zwegan

Reaction score
Please pardon my technical ignorance, but what's the big deal with Gingerbread? My TB works great - rarely had reboots and never do now after the last push. Battery life is greatly improved after the last push. Why is everyone obsessing over Gingerbread so much other than it just happens to be the latest and greatest - am I really going to notice anything new/different/fantastic when/if it does come to TB? I'm stock.

because until it gets gingerbread people can't complain about it not having ice cream sandwich.

armeddroid

Reaction score

because until it gets gingerbread people can't complain about it not having ice cream sandwich.

Lmao.
My thoughts too.