Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Official Teaser Trailer

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think the "hilt" blades are offensive in use more than defensive. Will have to see a duel to know just how they fight with this style lightsaber. But hey its cool looking nonetheless. I'm excited for this movie! Wish it wasn't a year away!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
international trailer looks 1000 times better

only worry is that they will messup the extended universe, does luke win that fight? what about using the Massassi Temples for the new Jedi Temple... Mara Jade killing luke? Chewy dying... the clone of the emperor... etc etc...

hopefully they follow with some of the already created stories that are out there and don't just make up their own.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
international trailer looks 1000 times better

only worry is that they will messup the extended universe, does luke win that fight? what about using the Massassi Temples for the new Jedi Temple... Mara Jade killing luke? Chewy dying... the clone of the emperor... etc etc...

hopefully they follow with some of the already created stories that are out there and don't just make up their own.
I'm guessing you haven't heard that all the extended universe has been deemed not canon, only the movies. So yes, they are making up a new story.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
8urDbVQ.jpg

S5 tap'n

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Can't believe there are only 8 comments on this thread! So much to talk about. How about that light saber. Not sure im sold. Is that supposed to be a guard. Wouldn't opponents light saber slice the metal part and still cut off the hand?

Stephen Colbert cleared it up. :)

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you haven't heard that all the extended universe has been deemed not canon, only the movies. So yes, they are making up a new story.

I hadn't, is it because Disney took over...

let's hope they don't screw it up, there's a whole "non canon" fully fleshed universe (games, books, stories etc) that is just begging to be turned into a good movie.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not to double post, but I figured put what happened,

"The Expanded Universe has a continuity with few wrinkles. The general rule is that nothing in the Expanded Universe is allowed to contradict any other part of the Expanded Universe or the films. The films, however, do slightly contradict the Expanded Universe on occasion, and retcons are created in the Expanded Universe to fix these contradictions. In the absence of such ad hoc solutions, the EU is considered incorrect only on the particular points of contradiction."
-Source: Star Wars Legends - Wookieepedia the Star Wars Wiki

so everything was fine until, Disney bought it when they did this

On April 25, 2014, Lucasfilm Ltd. announced that in preparation for the upcoming sequel trilogy, the Expanded Universe would not appear in any future Star Wars materials; past tales of the Expanded Universe will be printed under the Star Wars Legends banner, and a new continuity has been established that consists only of the original six films, theStar Wars: The Clone Wars television series and film, and all future material from that point onward. Though past elements of the Expanded Universe have been declared non-canon as a whole, they remain a resource for future Star Wars material to reference elements of the EU, thus bringing these elements into the new continuity as canon.

seems kinda ridiculous when they could have easily turned some of the EU stories into movies... good ones too.

still excited to see what happens.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
seems kinda ridiculous when they could have easily turned some of the EU stories into movies... good ones too.

Except they'll have all the rights to everything related to the new canon.

I, for one, think it's good we won't have to deal much with spoilers in one of the most anticipated movies of 2015(?). Nobody has any idea what is going to happen, which I think is good. Done well, I think even the fanboys will appreciate the reboot.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I was all for getting rid of the Expanded Universe. Then they got rid of Knights of the Old Republic from canon. :(
And the Force Unleashed was also removed from canon :(

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was all for getting rid of the Expanded Universe. Then they got rid of Knights of the Old Republic from canon. :(
And the Force Unleashed was also removed from canon :(
yeah, same with dark forces and like putting the jedi temple on yavin 4 in the old massassi temples... they should have been more selective

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Question is.... Have you seen this?

Always interesting seeing the errors that make it into the final cut.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.