Star Hunt Officially Released!

OP
I

iPirate

Reaction score
Just downloaded it to give a try.

I had some problems with the accelerometer movement. Laying flat the marble moved up the screen. Perhaps a calibration problem with my unit, but running Tricorder shows all is ok with the accelerometers.

Also, the movement seemed a little stilted. The ball doesn't really seem to obey gravity all that well and has no inertia or momentum. Correcting the physics of the marble would do wonders for the "feel" of the game.

Enjoyed the levels I went through, and will do more.

Do you have a Droid? The ball stays still when I put my phone flat, I will note that there might be a problem though.

We wanted it to be controlled directly with the accelerometer and not have inertia and momentum involved because it would be more difficult to control. It could be an option in a future release...

Let me know how far you get, the first 10 levels are fairly easy. :)

MarkDF

Reaction score
Do you have a Droid? The ball stays still when I put my phone flat, I will note that there might be a problem though.

I do have a Droid. I was incorrect. Lying flat the marble doesn't move. However, it moves faster when the screen is tilted toward me than when I tilt the screen away from me by the same angle (movement is not symmetric).

OP
I

iPirate

Reaction score

I do have a Droid. I was incorrect. Lying flat the marble doesn't move. However, it moves faster when the screen is tilted toward me than when I tilt the screen away from me by the same angle (movement is not symmetric).

The movement is set to be the same if you go in any direction. I tried moving the ball from top to bottom and bottom to top a few times on the final level of the lite version and was not able to get a significant difference in time. What level do you notice this in?

OP
I

iPirate

Reaction score
The full version is on sale now.

We made the game for fun and that includes fun for the Android community. Hopefully at the sale price more users will be willing to try it out and enjoy our game.

Have fun!

OP
I

iPirate

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

We updated recently adding a "calibrate" option so the game can be played resting on your back or comfortably on your bed.

The full version now uses licensing and the install has been reduced more than half!

As always we are looking for input and currently discussing releasing the map editor for our game and getting 10 levels from the community added to the lite version of our game. Does this interest anyone? Any other suggestions are welcome!

Enjoy!