Star ads in the notification bar

joshxdroid

Reaction score
jovonne said:
How do i get rid of these star ads?

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure it's an app doing it. Have you downloaded any new apps lately? About the time the ads started? There is an app for finding out what app is causing the ads, but i can't remember what it's called. Maybe someone will help me out. Whenever thus has happened to me I've known what app was responsible because it was the only one installed recently

OP
J

jovonne

Reaction score
Ack! I've gotten quite a few lately and i don't know which one to even start with. I appreciate you're help and would love to know what searches for them!

Xerobourne

Reaction score
Ack! I've gotten quite a few lately and i don't know which one to even start with. I appreciate you're help and would love to know what searches for them!

Those would be airpush ads. Download airpush detector from the Google play store, it will tell you what is doing this.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Fruits 'N Vegetables with bacon grease (FNV007) via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

orangeflame08

Reaction score
If anyone tries to detect these airpush ad with Airpush Detector and it doesn't find anything, go to Airpush Finder. I knew exactly which app was sending me these ads. I decided to test the waters. I downloaded Airpush Detector, it failed to find any apps that send push ads. I downloaded Airpush Finder, it found the exact app that I thought was giving me the issue. I removed that app and haven't had any issues! These forums are amazing. Definitely my go-to when having an phone issue.

KRAZED1

Reaction score
Been getting the Airpush ads, and tried Detector to no avail. Installed Airpush finder, and WALA!!!!DancingNexus No more ads. Found the app. instantly. Thanks orangeflame.