Standalone GPS Not Working

shark86x

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am very frustrated with the GPS on this phone. Here is what happened to me today:

I turned on GPS, called up Navigation and entered my destination. 10 seconds later I had a route set in. Awesome! That doesn't happen that quick very often. I travelled 45 minutes to my destination, did 30 minutes of work and entered my return destination. No GPS. :angry:

45 minutes later I arrived back at the office, and still had not gotten a GPS lock.:mad:

I did not turn off the GPS or the navigation between trips. Did not go inside a building or do anything to lose GPS signal. I can't imagine why this happened like this, and I don't need to be messing around with other apps or trying to reload caches or download GPS status info while I'm trying to drive.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I am very frustrated with the GPS on this phone. Here is what happened to me today:

I turned on GPS, called up Navigation and entered my destination. 10 seconds later I had a route set in. Awesome! That doesn't happen that quick very often. I travelled 45 minutes to my destination, did 30 minutes of work and entered my return destination. No GPS. :angry:

45 minutes later I arrived back at the office, and still had not gotten a GPS lock.:mad:

I did not turn off the GPS or the navigation between trips. Did not go inside a building or do anything to lose GPS signal. I can't imagine why this happened like this, and I don't need to be messing around with other apps or trying to reload caches or download GPS status info while I'm trying to drive.

Here something you can try - this worked for a friend of mine that's not rooted. Next time you get a GPS lock (little green icons stop flashing) reboot you phone while it's locked.