Stand-alone contacts app?

CatsTide

Reaction score
This seems to fit the bill -- search "cards pim" in the market -- the actual app is called Cards (-) PIM. The interface is a bit weird at first, but it does what you want.
actually the stock app fits his bill perfectly if used correctly:)

Its not a matter of using it correectly. I appreciate the input, but its a clumsy aternative to what I wish to accomplish. My "extra" contacts are either work contacts that I don't wish to see except on very specific occasions, or 4 numbers for Rite-Aid in differnet places that I have rere occasion to use. But when I need 'em, I don't want to have to whip put my PPC, which I only carry at work these days.

Perhaps if the droid had a good way to enter and filter these, then it would be tolerable, though not optimal, but it just doesn't.
you're not understanding me. you have to set them up on your pc but seeing your occasional numbers will only be a couple of clicks away on your droid.

CatsTide

Reaction score
say if you want one of your rare numbers you would open your contacts>menu>display options>[email protected]> then uncheck your contacts and check your business contacts...or whatever your group name is. sounds like a lot of clicks but if you do it a couple of times it takes literally 5 seconds to do.small price to pay for occasional numbers and being able to keep them all synced with your google account.

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
actually the stock app fits his bill perfectly if used correctly:)

Its not a matter of using it correectly. I appreciate the input, but its a clumsy aternative to what I wish to accomplish. My "extra" contacts are either work contacts that I don't wish to see except on very specific occasions, or 4 numbers for Rite-Aid in differnet places that I have rere occasion to use. But when I need 'em, I don't want to have to whip put my PPC, which I only carry at work these days.

Perhaps if the droid had a good way to enter and filter these, then it would be tolerable, though not optimal, but it just doesn't.
you're not understanding me. you have to set them up on your pc but seeing your occasional numbers will only be a couple of clicks away on your droid.

No, I understand you prefectly. I'm saying that it doesn't work for me. If I need to enter a new number, i'm not alwys at my PC. Being able to fully manage those extra contacts on the mobile device is the whole point.

CatsTide

Reaction score
ok...i will quietly walk over to the corner and beat my head up against the wall......

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
ok...i will quietly walk over to the corner and beat my head up against the wall......

Thanks for trying dude. I appreciate you trying to help, but it simply does not work well. I don't what else to tell you..... Its a pooly inplemented feature, or lack of features on android. :icon_rolleyes:

CatsTide

Reaction score

Thanks for trying dude. I appreciate you trying to help, but it simply does not work well. I don't what else to tell you..... Its a pooly inplemented feature, or lack of features on android. :icon_rolleyes:
i will agree to disagree :)

although you should be able to place a contact in a group from your phone.you may be able to do it...i just don't know how.

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
This seems to fit the bill -- search "cards pim" in the market -- the actual app is called Cards (-) PIM. The interface is a bit weird at first, but it does what you want.

Hey rjax, I think this just might work for me. I had a hard time locating something like this in the market. It will take some work initially,and i've only played with it for 5 mins, but I think it'll do just what I need. Thanks for the recommendation.:)

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
hey rjax, I just wanted to throw out an update and let you know this is indeed exactly what I was looking for. Perfect! Thanks again!:icon_ banana:

rjax

Reaction score
Good to know. I like it as a way to store numbers I don't want to accidentally call, but want to have easy access to -- especially since I use Dialer One for my dialer (it's a bunch of extra taps to get to the Google dialer menu). If you haven't checked out Dialer One, I think it's a big improvement over the stock dialer.

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
This program fixed another thing thats been bothering me. In google maps, the location saving feature is pretty weak. You have to "star" an address you want to save an re-use, and its a bit basic with no way modify entries to say "so and so's house" or even add any more info. It also places every starred item on the map with a star. I don't want to see every star all the time. When I add an address in Cards (-) Pim, it links directly to google maps when I click it! So I can add all my address then I want to in there and modify to my hearts content without bothering with "starring" items. Sweet!

20GTX

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Mega
It's now 2015 are there any stand alone contact apps that you now of?

I don't want to mix the two address books for personal reasons.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It's now 2015 are there any stand alone contact apps that you now of?

I don't want to mix the two address books for personal reasons.

I'm not sure which phone you have, but on my phone I can dictate which contacts are displayed by going into the Contacts app's setting and selecting from:

Contacts on the Sim
Contacts on the device storage
Contacts on my synced Google account
Contacts on my synced Samsung account
Customized contacts which blend all of the above into a personalized one.

You can toggle back and forth.