Stand alone contacts app

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
I'd put this thread in the apps forum, but it doesn't seem very popular.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a stand alone contacts app that doesn't have or require you to use their dialer? I have DialerOne and I like it very much and want to continue to use it. I just want to replace the stock People app in ICS.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I know the people that make all the GO products have a GO Contacts, but I have no experience with it. I like all their other stuff though, might check that one out.

SallyC

Reaction score
I'd put this thread in the apps forum, but it doesn't seem very popular.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a stand alone contacts app that doesn't have or require you to use their dialer? I have DialerOne and I like it very much and want to continue to use it. I just want to replace the stock People app in ICS.

Not a comment on the Contacts part of your post, but just an fyi - I recently found out (the hard way) that if you use a non-stock dialer, I don't believe you can call 911. I was using GO Dialer from their Contacts app and had this happen to me. I wrote the developer about it but never got a reply. I've heard from other people who've had this with various dialers and have said it's an issue with Android. I don't know why there's not a disclaimer or warning about it.

So just as a fyi, I'd keep a shortcut to your stock dialer handy for when seconds count.