Stalked. Hacked.Half Crazy

lockhimup

Reaction score
This may give some of you a good laugh, some will def think I'm incredibly naive or stupid but here goes ...what I need is to pick your amazing tech brains for help. As short as I can make this long story..my ex bf has hacked both my HTC one and my Bionic neither of which are contract phones but now have Verizon WiFi network locks. There are also apps that have monitored my texts and my apps are being controlled by some kind of app that disables certain functions of various apps..ie locked screens freezing and shut downs. I can't uninstall my browser because I don't think I have the full version any longer. There is soooo much more to it but from USB bridge remote connections to my router at home and hiding super user permissions on my computer before he left...he probably had a good laugh when I told him I did a factory wipe and wouldnt let him use it. The damage had already been done but I didn't know what to look for. The $&#@% actually accused me of pword protecting everything because of another guy. Sorry...back on topic. I tried to wipe my bionic but it won't work. I am pretty sure it isn't rooted but it almost acts like it is but no apps can find SU binary. I'm afraid to use anything. I even discovered filters in my gmail imap and pop forwarding that were hidden that I had never set up. Police won't help... they don't understand what he can actually do with this access and dealing with my cable guy is a lot like Jim Carey's version. I'm looking for a blood hound who can help me know what to look for and fix

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It sounds like he has cloned your phones which will go unseen by you. Basically what cloning does is allows him to see every phone call, text, etc you have going on with your phone on his phone. The supposed purpose of cloning was to link a company issued phone with a personal phone so that the person wouldn't have to carry two phones.

The only way I know of to get rid of the cloning software is to get rid of the phone. It is possible that Verizon (or whoever your carrier is) will give you a replacement phone for free.

Sorry for your troubles. Please be careful and be safe.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only way to clone an LTE phone is to have matching ICCID's (SIM Cards) and IMEI's. This is because the MEID is created by concatenating the two. So, its very unlikely that it's cloning in this case. I would find it difficult to believe that anything was installed on the Bionic that a factory reset can't fix, especially if its not rooted, since it has a locked boot loader. Here's what I would say. IF everything you are saying is truthful then you need to go to the police again. If you get a cop who wont help then work your way up the food chain to their SGT, LT., etc. Someone who does that type of stalking is a sociopath, and is dangerous. Additionally, that type of "hacking" is a felony in all 50 states, and there are some US Codes to cover the "wire tapping" as well. If that doesn't work, let me know and Ill get you the phone number to your local FBI Field Office.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You go, girl! Man, I love a woman who isn't afraid to speak her mind!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks Mandy! Excellent info and advice!

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

OP
L

lockhimup

Reaction score
The only way to clone an LTE phone is to have matching ICCID's (SIM Cards) and IMEI's. This is because the MEID is created by concatenating the two. So, its very unlikely that it's cloning in this case. I would find it difficult to believe that anything was installed on the Bionic that a factory reset can't fix, especially if its not rooted, since it has a locked boot loader. Here's what I would say. IF everything you are saying is truthful then you need to go to the police again. If you get a cop who wont help then work your way up the food chain to their SGT, LT., etc. Someone who does that type of stalking is a sociopath, and is dangerous. Additionally, that type of "hacking" is a felony in all 50 states, and there are some US Codes to cover the "wire tapping" as well. If that doesn't work, let me know and Ill get you the phone number to your local FBI Field Office.

I hope I'm posting this correctly, but yes what I said is entirely true. It goes much deeper than what I mentioned and I'm unsure of wiping everything clean lest I clean the tracks that could help the FBI. I cannot boot my computer now because there is now a password that I don't know in the sequence. I feel like I'm stuck knowing which steps to take first.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I hope I'm posting this correctly, but yes what I said is entirely true. It goes much deeper than what I mentioned and I'm unsure of wiping everything clean lest I clean the tracks that could help the FBI. I cannot boot my computer now because there is now a password that I don't know in the sequence. I feel like I'm stuck knowing which steps to take first.
Don't try to fix things yourself, somehow it always ends up worse. Contact your local authorities and let them know what's going on. They have the resources to help you through this.