StageFright Patch from Google *Fix*

marcogiudice

Reaction score
after applying this update on my droid my sound still sounds like crap on pandora and now im having problems with the mobile youtube site not working and regular youtube taking forever to play back videos.. how do i undo this update without doing nandroid restore?​

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
after applying this update on my droid my sound still sounds like crap on pandora and now im having problems with the mobile youtube site not working and regular youtube taking forever to play back videos.. how do i undo this update without doing nandroid restore?​

You'll have to adb push all the files the update replaced with the originals from the Sapphire 1.0 base package.

captdroid

Reaction score

Attached is a undo-stagefright-patch.zip to undo the OP stagefright patch. This simply copies the original Sapphire 1.0.0 build files back that are changed when installing the OP stagefright.zip.

marcogiudice

Reaction score
after applying this update on my droid my sound still sounds like crap on pandora and now im having problems with the mobile youtube site not working and regular youtube taking forever to play back videos.. How do i undo this update without doing nandroid restore?​

attached is a undo-stagefright-patch.zip to undo the op stagefright patch. This simply copies the original sapphire 1.0.0 build files back that are changed when installing the op stagefright.zip.

im running ultimate droid xteme 6.0 will it work for me or am i going to have to restore a good copy of nandroid.. Sorry i thought this was for everybody

captdroid

Reaction score
after applying this update on my droid my sound still sounds like crap on pandora and now im having problems with the mobile youtube site not working and regular youtube taking forever to play back videos.. How do i undo this update without doing nandroid restore?​

attached is a undo-stagefright-patch.zip to undo the op stagefright patch. This simply copies the original sapphire 1.0.0 build files back that are changed when installing the op stagefright.zip.

im running ultimate droid xteme 6.0 will it work for me or am i going to have to restore a good copy of nandroid.. Sorry i thought this was for everybody

Yes it should work for you assuming ultimate droid 6 ROM uses these same stagefright files which it likely does. Try it out and see. If not then restore your nandroid backup.

Edit: Took a look at the ultimate droid 6 stagefright files and one is different. Attached is the undo zip only for ultimate droid 6. This undo stagefright zip is NOT for Sapphire. See my previous post (couple posts back from this one) for the undo stagefright zip for Sapphire 1.0.0.

Last edited:

kevdog

Reaction score
Is there a easy script or update to easily switch been opencore and stagefright?

captdroid

Reaction score
Is there a easy script or update to easily switch been opencore and stagefright?

Attached stagefright enabler and stagefright disabler. The enabler makes the phone use stagefright. The disabler makes the phone use opencore. AFAIK

Note: flash still exibits same problem when the OP stagefright patch installed regardless if stagefright player set to false in build.prop (disabled).

The attached enabler sets stagefright player to true in build.prop and the disabler sets stagefright player to false in build.prop.

Last edited:

ckamc

Reaction score
So I was rocking out to the update this morning, then I went to watch an ep of daily show and I started to scream at the flash audio.

Tired using root explorer, but on reboot I would get stuck with the moto m.

I used the method of installing the stage build on the wiki page, then applied the update. But when I tried to copy the files from the lib folder on the zip I would get that problem.

How are y'all doing the copy of lib files?

captdroid

Reaction score
So I was rocking out to the update this morning, then I went to watch an ep of daily show and I started to scream at the flash audio.

Tired using root explorer, but on reboot I would get stuck with the moto m.

I used the method of installing the stage build on the wiki page, then applied the update. But when I tried to copy the files from the lib folder on the zip I would get that problem.

How are y'all doing the copy of lib files?

You want to undo the OP stagefright.zip install? See link

ckamc

Reaction score
Actually I am back on a blank slate right now since I had to go back to a old nandroid i had

captdroid

Reaction score
Actually I am back on a blank slate right now since I had to go back to a old nandroid i had

Well the stagefright update files are listed in two different posts a few posts back. Read what they do and apply as needed using recovery.

ckamc

Reaction score
I know how to perform that but when it comes to copying the lib files for flash. Like you mentioned last night is when I run into an issue. Am I supposed to adb push or use terminal because root explorer justs messes up the phone

captdroid

Reaction score
I know how to perform that but when it comes to copying the lib files for flash. Like you mentioned last night is when I run into an issue. Am I supposed to adb push or use terminal because root explorer justs messes up the phone

In that post I mentioned copying back the lib files from Sapphire 1.0.0 build to undo the OP stagefright patch (which causes problems with flash) . The undo update zip I posted here does it for you.

To turn stagefright player on or off go here

Last edited: