StageFright Patch from Google *Fix*

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I installed saphire 1.0 stock which I think using opencore . I assume just apply this patch right.

When flashing through rom manager if you checked the box to disable stage fright you will need to enable it by either re flashing the rom or edit the build prop.
If you don't know what you are doing I would suggest reflashing the rom.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I didn't check stagefright at all. I think checking it means it enables stagefright instead of opencore.

You are correct sorry had it backwards. Haven't fled from rom manager yet lol thank you

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

captdroid

Reaction score
After installing this Stagefright update after installing sapphire-1.0.0-stagefright-update.zip to take Sapphire back to using Stagefright the 'Adobe Showcase' videos audio play all garbled on two different phones.

Not sure why but sure enough after this update is when the problem started. Other flash video's play fine from a web page.

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
After installing this Stagefright update after installing sapphire-1.0.0-stagefright-update.zip to take Sapphire back to using Stagefright the 'Adobe Showcase' videos audio play all garbled on two different phones.

Not sure why but sure enough after this update is when the problem started. Other flash video's play fine from a web page.

So it's not all flash videos with garbled audio? I saw what you were talking about in the showcase app.

captdroid

Reaction score

So it's not all flash videos with garbled audio? I saw what you were talking about in the showcase app.

Just some flash video's since I am able to play other flash video's around the web and the audio is fine. All the ones I tried that are listed in the showcase app are garbled audio.

captdroid

Reaction score

Just some flash video's since I am able to play other flash video's around the web and the audio is fine. All the ones I tried that are listed in the showcase app are garbled audio.

Without a doubt it's the stagefright.zip update files that are causing the problem with flash version 10.1.72.7 (latest flash player AFAIK). Once I copied back the libstagefright files (files contained in the stagefright.zip update) to /system/lib from the Sapphire 1.0.0 install the Adobe showcase video's play fine.

Folks you may not want to install this update if you play flash videos.

Last edited:

ckamc

Reaction score
Without a doubt it's the stagefright.zip update files that are causing the problem with flash version 10.1.72.7 (latest flash player AFAIK). Once I copied back the libstagefright files (files contained in the stagefright.zip update) to /system/lib from the Sapphire 1.0.0 install the Adobe showcase video's play fine.

wait didnt you basically just say to copy the files to lib to get the flash issue to go away?

captdroid

Reaction score

wait didnt you basically just say to copy the files to lib to get the flash issue to go away?

I said pretty specifically what I did :) The lib files I copied back are from the Sapphire 1.0.0 ROM install zip.

In other words the Sapphire install files work. The stagefright.zip lib files posted in the OP cause problems with flash.

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I'll hold off on this, however I did switch to stagefright vs opencore because there was a definate lag in the movies I had loaded (sliding from one end to another location, etc.) with the change, I can move instantly.

Havent tried streaming audio, not that I use it that much. If it is stagefright that causes the issue, then I'm sure we'll see something later on to correct.