Stablest rom?

Flowah

Reaction score
I'm using Fission 2.1 right now, but it's got some problems. Keeps restarting randomly when I unlock. There aren't that many roms for this phone, but I was wondering which was the stablest? Am I just going to have to suck it up until UltimateDroid comes out or is there hope?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm using Fission 2.1 right now, but it's got some problems. Keeps restarting randomly when I unlock. There aren't that many roms for this phone, but I was wondering which was the stablest? Am I just going to have to suck it up until UltimateDroid comes out or is there hope?

As you know, there aren't a wide variety of roms for the droid 2 so your best bet is to try most of the roms (if not all) out to see what works best for your particular phone. Different phones handle roms differently. Good luck.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Give Squidly's rom a try

TRVSDKSN

Reaction score
I use to have problems with random rebooting but I installed the no lock app.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

obutto

Reaction score

I have the same problem as you. Squids doesn't restart that much...It may be that we just have to reflash the ROM but right now I don't care enough...IMHO stock is the best...even if it burns my battery and is terrible.

mewshi

Reaction score
I use to have problems with random rebooting but I installed the no lock app.

I can go with this; I'm running Fission 2.2.1 and it's pretty stable. But, then again, I use no lock :p

jhkang

Reaction score
so how did you guys fix this problem? i couldnt find any dl files or anything...

MrKleen

Reaction score
Strange how experiences are so different. I am using Fission 2.1 and have had no issues for a week. But 2.2.1 has random reboots while just siting there. Also the notification sounds went crazy. I have restored back to 2.1 which runs perfectly. 2.2.1 seems so quick that I'd like to give it another try.

Dustin.

Reaction score
To be completely honest, Fission is an amazing ROM. But the random reboots never seemed to fix for me, if you enjoy blurless ROMs and like a smooth fast experience id definitely go with Squidlys. It looks beautiful, runs amazing and I haven't had a single problem yet. Best most stable ROM for the D2 IMO.

phrozen087

Reaction score
Fission 2.2.2 is running flawlessly...

I second that. I've been running Fission 2.2.2 since the download came up and have tried doing everything I could to get a lockscreen reboot (basically I just did everything that gave me them before) and still I haven't had a single problem with it. It's def the fastest and most stable rom imo.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Who ever posted that xda link thanks....I am not running a rom but I am on my second d2 bout ready to call vzw to get another one. Now that I realize I am not alone with the random reboots I am cool. Now I realized I had my music.apk frozen because I do not like how the music app starts when I plug in an audio cord. The fact that the music app is causing reboot ....wow.