Stable Gingerbread ROM for Moto Droid from DroidForums Member 'Peter Alfonso'

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
let me guess it wont work on droid x?

No, sorry. There's a project to bypass the bootloader in the works, though. In the meantime, look for the upcoming Blur update people are talking about.

/hijack

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

" In the meantime, look for the upcoming Blur update people are talking about." Look for - or LOOK OUT for? :) If it's from Motorola, you gotta beware...

-Mike

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Am I the only one who can't get this ROM to install / function properly? :unsure: I've installed this many times but every time the notification bar never shows up. I've also noticed slight screen glitches where after exiting some apps only part of the wallpaper will show up. I guess I'll have to wait for the next GB release from Pete and hope it works better. It's a shame that Google / Motorola have abandoned the Droid 1.

Jorakal

Reaction score
I've been using this ROM for over a week. I really like it. It is slow to unlock the screen after the screen was off. Also I've seen it restart itself a few times.

dmartins

Reaction score
I've been using this ROM for over a week. I really like it. It is slow to unlock the screen after the screen was off. Also I've seen it restart itself a few times.
Some people had the screen lag and fixed it by installing another kernel.
No need to wipe if coming from GPA09 or greater.

Changes:

1. Added Gingerbread images to Desk clock(Alarm Clock)
  2. Removed Tether from settings.(Use Wifi Tether for Root Users and Wired tethers for Root Users )
  3. Changed Wifi scan from 15 seconds to 45.
  4. Changed MMS from 100 text messages an hour to 200.
  5. Added 5 minute option to Screen Timeout settings.
  6. Removed System Updates from settings.
  7. Increased Maximum brightness value.
  8. Enabled blur effect/animation(Blurs background when Phone Options window is opened).
  9. Updated Market and Superuser to latest versions
Apps to install from Market:

1. Google Voice Search
  2. Gmail
  3. Youtube
  4. Google Maps
  5. Street View on Google Maps
  6. Google Chrome to Phone
Kernels:

This ROM is missing the Quick Office app.
Here is the one from Froyo that I have tested.
Download to SD card and install like a normal app.
Or Install to /system/apps/ instead.
Download and install like an update.zip without clearing anything.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Only gingerbread ROM that worked on my phone ever

This is the only Gingerbread ROM that ever worked on my phone.

Great job.

Runs really smooth and looks great!

Usually ROMS take a few hours to crash on my phone but if this thing keeps running smoothe it will become my all time favorite rom/kernal

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
The touch screen is kinda wacky. I click on one thing and it selected another. sometime when i touch the screen is just freaks out.

anyone else having this problem?

anyway to fix it?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

Great job.

Usually ROMS take a few hours to crash on my phone but if this thing keeps running smoothe it will become my all time favorite rom/kernal
Some phones just can't run custom ROMs. Since this is as close to "stock" as we'll likely see, it may be the best thing for you to run anyway. :)

UNC

Reaction score
Google got nothing to do with it. Blame Moto and Verizon.

This misunderstanding is common around here.

I don't even think you can blame Moto or Verizon though, the Droid is only a few months newer than the HTC MyTouch3g and I don't even think it has Eclair.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I don't understand

Great job.

Some phones just can't run custom ROMs. Since this is as close to "stock" as we'll likely see, it may be the best thing for you to run anyway. :)

How come there is there a lack of uniformity among phones? They all have the same hardware. I don't understand why they would run differently?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Quality control. Let's say I bake a wafer of 1,000 CPUs. 923 of them spec out as good. That means 77 of them failed the test I threw at them. While that's less than 1% of total, it means that SOME of the chips failed, indicating variation.

This variation means that even among the chips that passed spec some are going to be better than others.

Heck, even though the chips were DESIGNED to run at 600MHz, the original specifications called only for 550. How many sub-par chips made it out into our phones as a result of this? Answer: A lot more than we would like.

Now consider the same applies to RAM chips, SD cards, and basically everything else on these phones.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
That's ridiculous

Quality control. Let's say I bake a wafer of 1,000 CPUs. 923 of them spec out as good. That means 77 of them failed the test I threw at them. While that's less than 1% of total, it means that SOME of the chips failed, indicating variation.

This variation means that even among the chips that passed spec some are going to be better than others.

Heck, even though the chips were DESIGNED to run at 600MHz, the original specifications called only for 550. How many sub-par chips made it out into our phones as a result of this? Answer: A lot more than we would like.

Now consider the same applies to RAM chips, SD cards, and basically everything else on these phones.

Good point.

I guess that does make sense. They should really run a quick test on every piece of hardware they make to avoid this.

Thanks though.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
im gonna have to stop using this ROM bc it doesnt recieve phone calls sometimes and txt messages don't send or come in.

Anyone else having this problem?

Any recomendations for a good gb rom?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App