[ROM] [STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.6.2.1 (Gingerbread/Froyo)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Urugami

Urugami Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got it, Thanks!

2. weaz

weaz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I'm a Bugless newb now after trying some various GB-based ROMs that have performed poorly on my Droid. I'm liking this ROM so far. This may be a dumb question, but is there any way to patch this ROM up to FRG83G? Or if I want the G do I just have to run Pete's stock/rooted FRG83G ROM?

3. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Has anyone heard anything about a Gingerbread Bugless or maybe an updated FroYo Bugless. I've noticed Pete took his Bugless Beast tab off of his site.

Sent from my Alfonso-baked GingerDroid

4. guti79_99

guti79_99 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went back and forward between BB and the GPA builds.
    I have to admit the GPA are good, but for some reasons the redraws will eventually show up causing the phone to be a little laggy. I noticed that if I restart my phone every night, I do not have problems with the GPAs.

Now, I installed BB again on my droid 1 and decided to use Pete's ver 3 kernels. Ohh boy!!! now, this is what I am talking about. My phone is stable and performs really fast (somehow I didn't get the same results with previous kernels).

For all of you that want to give it a try to the BB one more time, I'd recommend you to use the v.03 kernels from Pete and you will see the difference.

5. mrcold

mrcold Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had an issue on v0.6.2.1 where, after your phone goes to the lockscreen, the screen won't react unless you pull the battery? This has happened to me about 10 times in 5 or 6 days of having this installed. Other than that, flawless. Just curious if anyone has a fix.

6. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After installing GPA17 0819 - found 0.3 kernels - whether GPA or BB 6.2.1 roms cause M logo hang on boot. Wiping and then installing Petes roms as he made them give correct installs. Also noticed GPA develop lag after time. Went back to BB 6.2.1. Making Nandroid backup. Will play with kernels. Can anyone explain why 0.3 kernels that worked before now cause boot hangs? Was using 0.3 1.2gHz SV. Thanks.

7. perret318

perret318 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having trouble getting a GPS lock with this ROM. Anyone else experiencing GPS problems?

8. sbenson

sbenson Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Never had any issues. Did you just install this? If so, wipe everything and re-flash.

Also, are you using the default kernel? Sometimes the wrong kernel can bring out gps issues.

9. perret318

perret318 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, it was the kernel. Flashed the V.3 kernel, and all is well. Thanks!

10. CharlieJ

CharlieJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just rooted my D1 (A855) last week. :motdroidhoriz: It was on stock Verizon build of 2.2.2. Installed GPA17 shortly after rooting. Tried to get BB thru ROM Manager, but the link didn't work. So, I found Beast on these forums and downloaded it yesterday.

Installed BB 0.6.2.1 yesterday afternoon. Set up all my apps and notifications. So far, so good. Then, when I started receiving texts, the Handcent SMC app FC every time. Rebooted and Handcent still FC -- but now it seems only when I start the app to send a message. The native Messaging app works fine. That's the only thing that doesn't seem to work.

I like BB, but would like to have themes. Maybe they are available -- I have not yet researched them. Anyway, I like BB better than GPA17, which seemed to eat my battery. BB is throttled about the same (Min: 125MHz / Max: 800MHz / Ondemand), but appears to manage battery power better. Your experiences?

Now, that I have BB and am fairly happy with it, can anyone point me to some tweaks that will improve the "stock" build... oh, and a theme or two would be great as well? Also, if you know anything about the Handcent issue, drop me a link. I like Handcent and really don't wanna change SMS apps.

THANKS!

11. perret318

perret318 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So a huge annoyance that I have with this ROM (Don't get me wrong, I love it otherwise): The included music player (Music Mod) will randomly go into shuffle mode and start playing another random song right in the middle of MP3 playback. It will also randomly just stop -- not FC, just pause. Is anyone else having similar issues?

12. sbenson

sbenson Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Did you try fix permissions yet?

menu > settings > rom toolkit > troubleshoot > fix permissions

If that doesn't fix the issue, try fixing permissions with rom manager.

Open rom manager, scroll down to fix permissions.

13. sbenson

sbenson Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    I have never had this issue. You should try running the music beta, it should be better for you.

14. ironick7

ironick7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't seem to change the apps or icons on the dock. First time using BB. Am I doing something wrong or is it the rom?

15. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    It's the ROM.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Search tags for this page

bugless beast

bugless beast 0.6.2.1

bugless beast 6.2.1

bugless beast droid 1
bugless beast froyo