[ROM] [STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.6.2.1 (Gingerbread/Froyo)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jan 8, 2011.

1. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

I agree, I would love to see pete come back and work on bugless beast froyo.
  2. Durania

Durania New Member

Oh gosh. x1000000
  3. gotwillk

gotwillk New Member

has anyone gotten the new market to work with this rom? i keep getting force closes whenever i try to open it.
  4. iissmart

iissmart New Member

Yes, I literally just installed it minutes ago on a fresh install, works perfectly fine.
  5. lepa71

lepa71 New Member

How do you install new market?

6. Celiece

Celiece New Member

are there really zero themes for this?
  7. lepa71

lepa71 New Member

I just installed BB again fresh. I'm getting browser fc. Any idea?
  8. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion New Member

generic_sholes-ota-eng.pete.08-08-11.zip
    Keeps low temps!!! 80's / low 90's - very impressed!!! usiong 800kHz stock speed.
    Constant rebooting all night.

As this is a "new" replacement droid, it might be the build of the Droid that's causing the rebooting. Unrooted. Went back to stock Android 2.2.2 from VZW_A855_FRG83G_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf using RSDLite5.0. Will see if rebooting continues. Another Droid replacement?
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  9. Urugami

Urugami New Member

I loaded Bugless 0.6.2.1 a couple of weeks ago, because I was tired of the lagging and redraws from the GPA releases. Other than the lag, they worked fine, I just couldn't find a release/kernel combo that would give me the smooth experience I'm getting with Bugless Froyo. Both my Droid and I are much happier.
    That being said, I'm quite embarrassed to have to ask a NOOB question. I've looked all over the Settings, and searched this forum, and I can't, to save my life, find the setting to Keep Awake while Charging. The only time the phone stays awake while it's charging is in the Car Dock, and I'd like to have it stay awake on my desk.
    Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks.
  10. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

wow, this forum is incredibly buggy... anyways, goto settings > applications >development > stay awake :)
  11. Urugami

Urugami New Member

Got it, Thanks!
  12. weaz

weaz New Member

So I'm a Bugless newb now after trying some various GB-based ROMs that have performed poorly on my Droid. I'm liking this ROM so far. This may be a dumb question, but is there any way to patch this ROM up to FRG83G? Or if I want the G do I just have to run Pete's stock/rooted FRG83G ROM?
  13. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard anything about a Gingerbread Bugless or maybe an updated FroYo Bugless. I've noticed Pete took his Bugless Beast tab off of his site.

Sent from my Alfonso-baked GingerDroid
  14. guti79_99

guti79_99 New Member

I went back and forward between BB and the GPA builds.
    I have to admit the GPA are good, but for some reasons the redraws will eventually show up causing the phone to be a little laggy. I noticed that if I restart my phone every night, I do not have problems with the GPAs.

Now, I installed BB again on my droid 1 and decided to use Pete's ver 3 kernels. Ohh boy!!! now, this is what I am talking about. My phone is stable and performs really fast (somehow I didn't get the same results with previous kernels).

For all of you that want to give it a try to the BB one more time, I'd recommend you to use the v.03 kernels from Pete and you will see the difference.
  15. mrcold

mrcold New Member

Has anyone had an issue on v0.6.2.1 where, after your phone goes to the lockscreen, the screen won't react unless you pull the battery? This has happened to me about 10 times in 5 or 6 days of having this installed. Other than that, flawless. Just curious if anyone has a fix.
  16. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion New Member

After installing GPA17 0819 - found 0.3 kernels - whether GPA or BB 6.2.1 roms cause M logo hang on boot. Wiping and then installing Petes roms as he made them give correct installs. Also noticed GPA develop lag after time. Went back to BB 6.2.1. Making Nandroid backup. Will play with kernels. Can anyone explain why 0.3 kernels that worked before now cause boot hangs? Was using 0.3 1.2gHz SV. Thanks.
  17. perret318

perret318 New Member

I'm having trouble getting a GPS lock with this ROM. Anyone else experiencing GPS problems?
  18. sbenson

sbenson New Member

Never had any issues. Did you just install this? If so, wipe everything and re-flash.

Also, are you using the default kernel? Sometimes the wrong kernel can bring out gps issues.
  19. perret318

perret318 New Member

Yup, it was the kernel. Flashed the V.3 kernel, and all is well. Thanks!
  20. CharlieJ

CharlieJ New Member

Just rooted my D1 (A855) last week. :motdroidhoriz: It was on stock Verizon build of 2.2.2. Installed GPA17 shortly after rooting. Tried to get BB thru ROM Manager, but the link didn't work. So, I found Beast on these forums and downloaded it yesterday.

Installed BB 0.6.2.1 yesterday afternoon. Set up all my apps and notifications. So far, so good. Then, when I started receiving texts, the Handcent SMC app FC every time. Rebooted and Handcent still FC -- but now it seems only when I start the app to send a message. The native Messaging app works fine. That's the only thing that doesn't seem to work.

I like BB, but would like to have themes. Maybe they are available -- I have not yet researched them. Anyway, I like BB better than GPA17, which seemed to eat my battery. BB is throttled about the same (Min: 125MHz / Max: 800MHz / Ondemand), but appears to manage battery power better. Your experiences?

Now, that I have BB and am fairly happy with it, can anyone point me to some tweaks that will improve the "stock" build... oh, and a theme or two would be great as well? Also, if you know anything about the Handcent issue, drop me a link. I like Handcent and really don't wanna change SMS apps.

THANKS!
Search tags for this page

bugless beast

bugless beast 0.6.2.1

bugless beast 6.2.1

bugless beast droid 1
bugless beast froyo
bugless beast froyo download

bugless beast rom

bugless beast v0.6.2.1

bugless beast v0.6.2.1 download
bugless beast v0.6.2.1 rom download