[ROM] [STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.6.2.1 (Gingerbread/Froyo)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jan 8, 2011.

1. tensai

tensai New Member

on the homescreen launcher, is there a way to replace the google talk launcher button to something else? or remove it? thanks
  2. rustyhinges

rustyhinges New Member

Thank you!

I wanted to add my thanks to Pete for BB 6.2.1. After becoming completely frustrated with lag and sluggishness of the stock Droid experience, BB is refreshing.

I began my rooted experience with Pete's GPA15. Initially I used Pete's stock GPA15 and then tried low voltage 800 and 1000 kernals. 800 was too slow, 1000 was just right, but battery life was very poor. After fiddling around unsuccessfully with SetCPU I flashed BB and believe I have a winner.

Bugless Beast has been quick enough and contains just enough Gingerbreadiness to make the phone interesting and fun to use. The only thing I miss from GPA15 is the copy/paste experience. But battery life is more important to me than copy/paste.

Rooting has been perfect. I don't see how I could have continued using a stock Droid. It was horrendous. Until now!

Many thanks!
  3. Durania

Durania New Member

+1 I have bounced to several other roms these past few weeks. From CM7 to SteelDroid and always find myself back to this version. I just wished the google maps didn't crash but I found an app called CoPilot that works fairly well for navigating.
  4. slammedVR6

slammedVR6 New Member

Been out of the loop on BB for a while. I remember though I used to have just one problem with it. Force closing every time when trying to open "Running Services" Anyone find a fix for this yet? I have been using GPA Roms and most recently CM7.. Now I have returned to BB for some good ol' Froyo and this one bug is still the only thing bothering me.

Have always liked this ROM the best for it's great features, but I often like to peek at my running services just because.

EDIT: Been a while since i've used this ROM... fixed permissions and all is good now :D
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  5. madspeed

madspeed New Member

BB 6.2.1 Runs perfect for me so I'm sticking with it for now. Anyone know of a way to integrate the copy paste function from GB to to Froyo ROM?? That was one sweet feature
  6. eliofall

eliofall New Member

Ok its well past past the 6 month mark since the last BB came out, and although I am using the stock roms I do not like them as much as BB.

So... when is bugless 7 coming out?
  7. funnyfish

funnyfish New Member

themes

what themes have been ported over to this rom? i want a theme :(
  8. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

I've pretty much wiped all the backups of my GB-based ROMs off my my Droid. I just have backups of Bugless Beast, Sourcery, and original rooted FRG83G. I'll try the new GB ROMs when they come out but the current crop that are laughably called "Stable" are anything BUT on the OG Droid.

Can't wait to see what Pete can come up with in GPA16. Also curious to see CyanogenMod 7.1, but for now I'm using Sourcery.

I'd still like to see Bugless updated to the FRG83G level of Froyo, though. That's the only thing that keeps it from being my "Everyday ROM."
  9. g0dM@n

g0dM@n New Member

Okay, so this is very stable for me, but I had to go with the latest Launcher Pro. I was getting lag with the stock Launcher on BB v0.6.2.1 - Launcher Pro fixed the problem, and also Launcher pro let's me customize the bottom 5 buttons, which are important to me. I don't like having google talk and Mail on there. I use K9-Mail and also prefer customizing the messaging icon to Handcent.

So... this is working outstanding for me with Launcher Pro!! :) I got a replacement phone from Verizon so right now I'm testing 800mhz LV. I'll try to overclock more and report back another time ;)
  10. Roland Stone

Roland Stone New Member

I ditched Launcher Pro about a month ago for Go Launcher Ex and I'm glad I did. I will not return to Launcher Pro until the complete rewrite comes out. I'm not holding my breath though.
  11. g0dM@n

g0dM@n New Member

Launcher Ex? What's the benefit... never heard of that one. Pro is kicking butt right now. I've gone almost 2 days with ZERO hiccups. My Moto Droid 1 is as smooth as butter, and it was NEVER like this.
  12. gotwillk

gotwillk New Member

the launcher is called Go Launcher. i'm using ADW and i'm not having any issues.

this rom is pretty good so far except there are still some stuff that hasn't been fixed yet. text LED notifications, missed call notifications, losing 3G, auto-brightness kinda wonky, and also running on 600mhz is slow for me. at first it was ok, but after a while it becomes laggy again. even bumping it to 800mhz was still laggy. so i flashed petes v0.2 kernel at 1.1ghz and its muuuch better now.

not sure if the stock kernel was laggy for me because i restored all my apps or what. never understood how ppl are saying it runs so buttery smooth on 800mhz or even 600mhz.
  13. crusher04

crusher04 New Member

Terminal commands

Hello,

In bugless beast, if I need to remove system apps that aren't in the ROM toolkit, what are the terminal commands for this? I'm basing my limited knowledge off the commands for Cyanogenmod:

su
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    rm -f /system/app/<ApkName>.apk
    pm uninstall <apk-package>

and in order to see the packages installed, you would type:
    ls /system/app
    to see the apks
    pm list packages
    to see the installed packages

How do the above commands vary in BB0.6.2.1?
  14. deputc26

deputc26 New Member

after playing with GPAs for a few months I finally came back... and my phone is useable again, what a huge difference.
  15. crusher04

crusher04 New Member

I love bugless, especially because gingerbread was running extremely poorly on my phone (even on GPA builds after a few days) . However, how do I update the market apk to the latest version? I know its not the latest that ships with bugless, as the gingerbread roms have a newer market version than this one.

Also, can anyone explain the terminal commands to remove /system apps in bugless?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  16. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Very odd... Bugless Beast is the ONLY ROM I've used that DOESN'T benefit from zeppelinrox's "SuperCharger" script. In fact, if anything, the script makes it feel more sluggish. Wonder why?

In any event, without it, BB is as fast and peppy as the other ROMs I've used WITH it.
  17. crusher04

crusher04 New Member

Really? I am using Zeppelinrox's script, with the Multitasking memfree values and hard to kill launcher. At worst, I see similar performance to the pre-"SuperCharged" rom, and at best, its really zippy. Multitasking is flawless on my phone now.
  18. gotwillk

gotwillk New Member

i can attest to this. i was using the latest BB with supercharger script. it was great at first but became really laggy after a while. cleared compcache and all that stuff but after a while the lag comes back. swiping from screen to screen would take like a second to respond. a reboot fixes it but it will come back after a while. i unsupercharged everything and it went back to normal. seems like BB doesn't really need supercharger.

i'm on Pete's GPA16 currently and i only have #11 applied. i don't think it even needs the script to be running on GPA but i have had launcher redraws so i at least applied HTK.
  19. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

HTK Launcher didn't seem to have any affect at all on Bugless either. Very strange. I was using Balanced #3. If I reboot to BB I'll try "Multitasking" and see if that makes any difference.
  20. bballhermit

bballhermit Guest

Camera Focus

My camera on my Droid 1 is not focusing under this version of BB. Any ideas?
Search tags for this page

bugless beast

bugless beast 0.6.2.1
bugless beast 0.6.2.1 kernels

bugless beast 6.2.1

bugless beast droid 1
bugless beast froyo
bugless beast froyo download

bugless beast rom

bugless beast v0.6.2.1

bugless beast v0.6.2.1 (gingerbread/froyo)
bugless beast v0.6.2.1 download
bugless beast v0.6.2.1 rom download
buglessbeast custom rom
droid x 6.2.1 roms
rom v0.6.2.1