[ROM] [STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.6.2.1 (Gingerbread/Froyo)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jan 8, 2011.

1. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0

Just follow the link in posted for the Sapphire kernels. There are a bunch to choose from.

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

2. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's how it set up my setcpu profiles.

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

3. mikeyinid

mikeyinid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ummm, does anyone know why you cant pm pete?? Thats kinda odd to me...Anyway, were porting a theme to his rom and having memory issues. We wanna leave all the ringtones and stuff in and the best way is to just throw the theme inside the rom and flash the whole thing. I want his ok for this so if any one knows how to get in touch with him, let me know how or something...

4. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @peteralfonso on Twitter

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

5. Twitch043

Twitch043 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Prett great, smooth ROM. Only issue is the battery life, but it's been whined about enough and I won't add to it. Great job with the gingerbread theming, it looks wonderful (I truthfully don't know if you deserve credit for it, but oh well, lol)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

6. $mitty

$mitty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't noticed a dip in my battery life...but this is my first 2.2.1 ROM.

What's Compcache RAM Usage btw...should I enable this and if so, what setting should I put it on? Same question regarding VM heap size and J-I-T as well. I changed my kernel to a 1000Mhz kernel that was recommended in this thread to me a couple days ago if that makes a difference.

7. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie Member

Ratings:
    +0

EDIT:
    I merged the last 2 comments in my mind, sorry. I Cover Compcache and battery in this post.

Compcache doesn't work on all kernels. Slayher, P3 and Sapphire are the only ones I know of. I'm not really up to speed on how to do it with Slayher and P3 because my phone doesn't like their kernels. But you can find instructions here.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/108973-compcache-capable-kernels.html

With my favorite (Sapphire) I just install set to default and reboot. then comcache is working.

There are 2 easy ways to see if it's working. In SetCPU, look under info, then scroll down to SwapCached. If there's anything other than zero compcache is working. The other way is to open a terminal program, ender "free" (without the quotations) and if there's something other than zero's next to swap, it's working.

As for battery life, you mentioned that you are running a 1 Ghz kernel. Are you always running it at 1 Ghz? If so, try clocking it down to 700 or 800. Also, if you're not using SetCPU, start. I set a profile for screen off with my min frequency 125, max 400. It's enough to conduct the background tasks without eating up much battery. If yours won't work that low (some won't)take it just a step up. Also, look under settings, applications, running services. If you have a program you downloaded that's always running you can stop it by selecting it. I actually put a shortcut to that on my homescreen and I check it from time to time.

Lastly if you're using a task killer, STOP...

These are the things that work for me. I spend a TON of time on my phone, I'd say heavy use, and I still usually have 30-40 percent at 8 PM. I actually run a 900 Mhz kernel and usually clock it at 700 max.

Hope this helps...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  8. $mitty

$mitty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've always used SetCPU. The default for this BB ROM was 800mhz and I flashed a low voltage Sapphire 1000mhz kernel. I set up profiles for screen off (125 min, 400 max), temp greater than 104 F (125 min, 550 max), charging (550 min, 900 max), battery less than 50% (400 min, 900 max), less than 30% (400 min, 800 max) and less than 15% (125 min, 600 max). My default setting is 550 min and 1000 max. I could obviously make my min/max lower on a lot of these, but I get thru the full day without having to recharge until later in the evening. My droid is a year and half old, so the batter doesn't last 24 hours like it did a year ago when I originally rooted and set up similar profiles. I don't like setting the minimum way down at 125 b/c I always experience a little lag waiting for it to clock up all the time. Setting the minimum higher makes it a lot more responsive. I don't have a ton of widgets or a lot of programs auto-updating all the time, so it's not draining the battery when I'm not using it.

I quit using talk managers about a year ago when I realized I utilizing profiles in SetCPU was much more beneficial to my battery life. Task managers just wasted too much of my time and battery trying to kill other programs.

My main question was regarding the Compcache, VM heap, and J-I-T b/c they're terms I'm not familiar with but they are included in the ROM toolkit included with this ROM. Also, this ROM seems to have removed the Settings>Applications>Running Servies for some reason. Anyone know why? Was it moved to a different location? I can't seem to find it.

BTW, I actually LOVE this rom. My droid has never been smoother or faster. Just wanted some clarification on a couple things.

*edit - checked SwapCached in setcpu and it says 9764kB, so I guess that means compcache is working.

9. dt_

dt_ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With the sapphire kernel, do you guys use the ondemand or the interactive governor? It seems to me that with interactive, the phone is significantly snappier but the battery drains a bit faster :/

10. Thugnificent

Thugnificent New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    will this work on the G2 since it's running froyo?
    or is it only for the motorola droid?

11. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    D1 (and possibly DInc) only.

12. Thugnificent

Thugnificent New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    alright thanks for the info mate

13. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem...I like the Boondocks handle.

14. abtre

abtre New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Out of curiosity, which kernel does Pete use on this ROM?

15. Niemo435

Niemo435 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First ROM!

Thanks pete! this is awesome!!dancedroid Turned my OG droid into a new phone haha

Search tags for this page

bugless beast

bugless beast 0.6.2.1

bugless beast 6.2.1

bugless beast droid 1
bugless beast froyo
bugless beast froyo download
bugless beast rom

bugless beast v0.6.2.1

bugless beast v0.6.2.1 download
buglessbeast custom rom