[ROM] [STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.6.2.1 (Gingerbread/Froyo)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jan 8, 2011.

1. triplejnj

triplejnj Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Google keeps your settings and restores them after you first sign in. You can prevent this by doing the following. When you first boot up and touch the Android to continue, choose to skip sign in. Go into Settings/Privacy and uncheck "Back Up my data" and "Automatic Restore". Then go ahead and log in. You won't see your old wallpaper. Of course then you won't have your other settings either, including the auto-sync of your apps. If you backed up your apps and settings using Titanium backup then its not a problem. Once you log back in, you can always re-check the boxes in your Privacy settings.

2. gpigate

gpigate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im about to install the latest version. problem is its so long between doing it I always get crazy on how to do it.

I have the zip downloaded and I have Rom manager pro. Dont I just put the app on the sd card and choose install from sd via rom manager pro? I dont have to rename it update.zip anymore right?

I will wipe and clean cache and do all that. I run pretty stock but like the extras, nothing going crazy here, just want to make sure my steps are right before I go do this again dancedroid

I am coming from .5

thanks

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  3. hyperdude

hyperdude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep. Just put the .zip onto the SD card and install from Rom Manager. (Obviously, do a backup as well) :D

4. gpigate

gpigate Member

Ratings:
    +0

I must be doing something wrong as it does nothing. I go into ROM manager, choose from SD card, pick the file in root. It reboots, shows the M screen, reboots shows the M screen and comes back up with the same .5, my background etc.

Used to you had to hold a button and go into Clockworld. I thought with the new ROM manager that it just did it all

Am I missing something?

5. hyperdude

hyperdude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm. Try using "Reboot into Recovery" in ROM Manager, and use "install from SD card" in Clockwork.
    Flash Clockwork a few times beforehand just in case that's the issue.

6. gpigate

gpigate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    finally got it to take. The system bar is black the keyboard has changed etc. I didn't have the option to wipe cache etc. Also I have my same background and all the apps/data is there.

Am I clean or do I need to redo it choosing something else in clockworld?

7. hyperdude

hyperdude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To wipe in Clockwork you have to select it in I believe the main menu. It's highly recommended that you wipe data and cache if you're coming to .6 from previous versions. But you could try and run with it as is and see if it works. :)

8. gpigate

gpigate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    rebooting now. wiped cache manually 3 times, same boot animation. Came back up with the same BG, APPS, all data. Going to let it sit for a while and give her a go like normal tomorrow. THe build and ROM look fine. If anyone knows of a clear, you have an issue check let me know.

Thanks for all the help guys.

PETE YOU ARE THE MAN

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  9. bh56

bh56 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe somebody already answered this question in this thread, but couldn't find it when I searched for it. BB v0.6.2.x is based on FRG83D which is Froyo 2.2.1. It has some pieces of Gingerbread. This is available on Nexus One. Will BB v0.6.x be going to the full Gingerbread soon. Trying to decide about waiting for a Full Blown Gingerbread and being content with BB v.5. It's not a lot of work, but each time it does take time o update to the latest "major" release of BB.
    Any insight is appreciated.

10. speakercode

speakercode Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would personally go ahead and do it. It might be a while before an actual bb 100% gingerbread is released, and while this is like...Gingerbread-flavored Froyo, it's got some good parts in there that I'm loving.

Yes it is time consuming but I found that it doesn't take as long to install as bb0.5.

11. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BB 0.5 and 0.6.x have the same boot animation from the Droid 2. On your first boot, did you get the green Android setup screen? If so, did you sign into your Google account? If both answers are yes, then your Google account backs up your settings and apps. If not, you need to make sure you choose "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" from the Clockwork menu and not just "Wipe Cache".

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

12. hyperdude

hyperdude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just for sanity's sake, check in About Phone that 0.6.2 is actually installed now.
    Also, what webeougher said.

Search tags for this page

bugless beast

bugless beast 0.6.2.1

bugless beast 6.2.1

bugless beast droid 1
bugless beast froyo
bugless beast froyo download
bugless beast rom

bugless beast v0.6.2.1

bugless beast v0.6.2.1 download
buglessbeast custom rom