[ROM] [STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.6.2.1 (Gingerbread/Froyo)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jan 8, 2011.

1. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie New Member

Sp doesn't allow you to format the boot and system partitions. This in a huge downside to sprecovery. Unfortunately, sprecovery is badly outdated.

You can use clockwork recovery from rom manager as per the directions above or try Rzrecovery.

Rzrecovery is based on sprecovery with a lot of updating.
    -you don't need to rename to update.zip
    -it's overclocked to 1.1Ghz so it's really fast!
    -it gives you the ability to charge from in recovery (handy if you bootloop from flashing with too little battery)
    -it allows you to restore sprecovery and cwrecovery backups!
    -it saves it's backups in sprecovery format so they can also be restored with sprecovery.
    -when it comes to wiping, you can wipe partitions individually OR SELECT WIPE ALL (SO MUCH EASIER!!!)
    -You can either install via sbf, OR AN UPDATE.ZIP FROM EITHER CW RECOVERY OR SP RECOVERY
    -AND MORE!

There's no downside to using this recovery! If you ever want to go back to cw or sp, you can just flash them from rom manager... so give it a try! You'll never look back! I haven't!!!

Just search df for rzrecovery...

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...
  2. $mitty

$mitty New Member

Flashed BB with clockwork this morning. Very happy with it so far. Thanks for the tips!

Only issue I'm noticing is it is occasionally slow to load/show the apps when I open the app drawer...it was just showing a black screen sometimes. This was while using the stock launcher. I'm back on ADW and the problem doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

BTW, what's the best way to backup apps so I don't have to redownload them when I flash a new ROM? I thought I'd done it with Titanium, but when I opened it up I guess I hadn't. Spent all day getting my apps back and getting everything back up and running how I like it.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  3. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie New Member

TitaniumBackup! Don't use my backup... i tried it and still had to go back and fix it with titanium. Don't ever restore system data though. Just user apps and data...

4. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie New Member

And just to throw it out there... don't install from rom manager. Kernels yes, themes yes, but roms NO. You need to boot into clockwork so you can wipe 3 times. You also need to go into partitions and wipe boot and system. Have you ever had a wallpaper stick after installing a new rom? Or some of your system settings? Maybe a wireless network? It's because you didn't wipe system and boot.

So rom manager wipes data and cache once and doesn't wipe boot or system. SPRecovery can't even wipe boot and system! So that being said, use clockwork manually, or use rzrecovery.

Too many ppl don't wipe everything correctly (not necessarily their fault because I think liquid is the only one saying to wipe boot and system) but that's a huge contribution towards everyone's problems.

I hope this helps some of you out and please pass this information along when you can!!!

5. otter34

otter34 New Member

Did pete figure out how to have the camera and volume buttons control the music while the screen is off?
    Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. $mitty

$mitty New Member

Cool, thanks for the tips. BTW, what's the best way to theme nowadays? Using the ADW themes or are their some good themes built for this ROM that can be applied other ways, like using ROM Manager or Clockwork?
  7. $mitty

$mitty New Member

One more thing, what are the best kernels to get for this? Would like to overclock to about 1000. Have always gotten p3droid kernels in the past. Any need for SetCPU since this has those ROM Tools?
  8. sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie New Member

I don't theme, but they're usually installed via update.zip format. As for kernels, try a Sapphire 2.0 compcache kernel. I use the 125-900mhz low voltage. High performance, amazing battery life, cool running, compcache will start automatically. It's awesome for me, you'll just have to use trial and error. JUST MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP FIRST!

I've heard though that many have had the same results as me!

http://wiki.ccroms.net/sapphire/releases/2.0.0

Edit: I say ALWAYS USE SETCPU! For the temperature profiles. I set mine for battery and cpu at 52 degrees celcius and i have it set to throttle down to 550 or 600mhz. That'll cool it off quickly. I choose not to chance anything! I'm usually running around 30 celcius though.

9. $mitty

$mitty New Member

Until I flashed BB today, I've used SetCPU religiously...battery profiles for <50, <30 and <15, temp profiles, standby, charging, etc. Had a 1000mhz kernel that ran awesome on my phone and the temp rarely ever went over 100 degrees.

What's compcache btw? Can I find those Sapphire kernels somewhere here on the board or are they on a different site?
  10. gsDroid

gsDroid New Member

11. $mitty

$mitty New Member

I'll check that out, thanks. For some reason I guess I didn't use TitaniumBackup correctly.
  12. michael_campbell

michael_campbell New Member

re: setCPU... for just setting a min and max speed and governor, no. For profiles, yes.
  13. michael_campbell

michael_campbell New Member

There is no 'best' kernel. Droids react differently to different kernels. I've tried most of them, and haven't found much of a difference in them *on my phone* other than what speeds, voltages, and governors they offer.

If your phone can handle 1GHz (most can, some can't), any of the popular ones should be fine; p3, Chevy1, and slayher are all very good. (Others might be too, but those 3 are the ones I usually run through)
  14. Petey

Petey New Member

Hey guys, absolutely love the Rom. The one issue I've run into is with notification sounds. A lot of times when I receive a text or use a soundboard, the entire sound won't play. A lot of times, the notification alert will cut off the first two seconds or so of the actual clip. I switched kernels so I know that isn't the problem (it happened on both kernels). Anyone else have or hear of this issue?
  15. hyperdude

hyperdude New Member

I've had this happen every so often on my phone, especially using SMS Popup. I don't think it's the ROM that's at fault, because it happened even before I rooted. I might be wrong though. When you use a soundboard, does it ALWAYS cut off, or just once every so often? Because I think it might just be the phone acting jumpy or thinking you stopped the notification (like if you hit the power button).
    I'm no expert though :)
Search tags for this page

bugless beast

bugless beast 0.6.2.1

bugless beast 6.2.1

bugless beast droid 1
bugless beast froyo
bugless beast froyo download

bugless beast rom

bugless beast v0.6.2.1

bugless beast v0.6.2.1 download
buglessbeast custom rom