SSX Next Version - What Do You Want?

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by ChevyNo1, Feb 22, 2011.

1. MarkJohn

MarkJohn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After some thought, a reboot option would be nice, an overclocking tool like the one on the new rubixs, some kind of pull down editor. The rom to either come with the good blur apps like fm radio and dlna or the ability to add blur if wanted like in liberty(even though you can't get dlna on liberty). Last thing is some sweet wallpapers and icons. Just throwing some ideas out there. Hopefully u can add a few of these.

#25 MarkJohn, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  2. Fadelight

Fadelight Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thought of yet another thing... the ability to hide frequently dialed contacts in your favorites.

3. chefb

chefb Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey chevy, co-workers at the job pointed your name out as a trusted romer. But these are three things you could include 1) A Toolbox!!! And a app on the market(for 1$) that you could update regularly with themes , new fonts,and, tweeks. 2)awesome transitions like the ones from I think the nexus s with the power down/zoom out effect when you power down, or reboot(that TV off look). 3) finally have the first rom that unlocks the bootloader......they have a team somewhere in here that is working on that. Be the first to market with that!!! That's the one thing that I can give to apple the set the standards. Other then that port the two ginger bread roms from the d1 to the x????? Your awesome make it happen. Thanks in advance.

4. drod2169

drod2169 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Correct me if I'm wrong Chevy..

DSP requires source built libs, libaudioflinger namely, to function. This is why it functions in source built roms, and not any of the others.

5. jacobydarkon

jacobydarkon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy, I loved your ROM on the D1.

With that, my X has Liberty 1.5. It comes with a laundry list of features.

Feature list that I would like to see in SSX:

1. Install Addons (Liberty Tools) - Adds Motoblur features
    2. Framework Animations. (Liberty Tools)
    3. Boot Logos. (Liberty Tools)
    4. Dalvik Heap Size. (Liberty Tools)
    5. Install Fonts. (Liberty Tools)
    6. Install Themes. (Liberty Tools)
    7. Manage Boot Animations. (D1 SS 4.96)

I think that's about all I use now. I hope this helps.

As far as Gingerbread, I'm not even sure that there is a fully functional ROM out right now, so I'm not exactly worried about it. I may try the official update when/if it comes to the X.

6. cplum

cplum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks wipe did eventually work. It happened 3 times but has been working now for several days. It was happening after random reboots. I noticed that thrs reboots were occuring when the screen was rotated in landscape and then hung up when switching back to potrait. I turned off auto rotate and have had less reboots. However I still get a random reboot every now and then. When it reboots, it always reboots to recovery. This happens on random reboots or if I just power off and power on. I appreciate your work and will send more beer money. I hope this info helps. Also I like the answer ignore buttons for handling incoming calls. Is this pat of your rom? It works about 90% of the time. About 10% of the time I have to slide to answer.

7. ecfiffer

ecfiffer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok chevy after following you from v2.something well over a year ago i know you build the best rom. i have just tried liberty and i think my dx was about to go into full melt down. with that being said the liberty tool box has a lot of cool options. themes, font, block ads and so on. but its a lot like your tools. dark slide has some fancy screen animations as well. the keyboard for swype is friggin sweet how its themed. thats kind of the one big thing that stands out to me for dark slide. hell i know you will make your next build rock. period dot done (sorry old saying from a TI) and i will be coming back to your rom

8. doomer4life

doomer4life Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally what I would love to see in a rom is well first the obvious run smoothly and quick now besides that from other roms what I have liked most is:
    1) toolbox I prefer an app toolbox like Liberty or tranquility with the ability to customize beyond "simple" themeing as in adjust window animations boot logo and sounds I enjoy making my DROIDX my own
    2) I like the ability to have built into the rom the ability to overclock though the one I have found to be the best for me is rubix overclock app that tests to your phone
    3) I think this may integrate well with a toolbox but anyway ability to add in parts of blur on the whole I don't like blur but nevertheless parts of it I do

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

9. plenoz

plenoz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if it possible pls build the aosp version which supporting HDMI

10. normjr

normjr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How does one get to test out the ROM?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

11. ecfiffer

ecfiffer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hope and pray he asks you

12. CHP

CHP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Something that makes me want to try this ROM more than any other. And stay with it.