SSX Next Version - What Do You Want?

ecfiffer

Reaction score
the phone will always boot into recovery if rebooted while connected via USB to the charger or a computer

tapped on my LibX 1.5

the times its rebooted it wasnt plugged into anything. heck i managed to get it to reboot after locking up while playing angry birds...

Manigma77

Reaction score
I would love to see dsp manager working for the dx, I have tried to no avail. If you can't add it to your rom could you at least pm me on how to get it working.... :)

cplum

Reaction score
Chevy I just switched to the Droid X and installed SSX1.1 today. I have been using your ROM on my droid since I think 4.6. I like the pull down bar with the WIFI, etc you integrated in SS 5.00. I also have another problem with my X. The home key and the search key are not working. This happened before I installed your ROM so you may not be able to help. I did send $20 for beer when 4.6 came out and we gladly send you another $20 if you can get my home key and search key working again. Payment was from [email protected].

I do recall having that issue myself - did you try a wipe? Scratching my head trying to recall if there was something else ...

Not yet. i will try that now.

foxky

Reaction score
I would love to see dsp manager working for the dx, I have tried to no avail. If you can't add it to your rom could you at least pm me on how to get it working.... :)
cvcps has it working with cm4dx

ecfiffer, try reflashing? that's strange that that keeps happening

tapped on my LibX 1.5

riahon

Reaction score
The only feature your ROM doesn't have that I really miss is the ability to change the text colors in the pulldown menu.

What other X ROM has this ability? The reason I can have it in SS for the OG droid is because it's built from source ...

DarkSlide 4.2 doesn't give the end user the option to change colors, but they have added color in the pulldown menu text. Looks nice!

icekyoob

Reaction score
I love the power control buttons in the status pull down on Miui and Warm 2.2 for Incredible. That would be my vote.

hdokes

Reaction score
Would like to see that two programs I use(d) a LOT will function properly in the next version as they do not in the current 1.1. Wyse Pocket Cloud is one and Droid VNC. Pocket Clout reboots during every attempt to install it and Droid VNC server only works in portrait rotation.... landscape rotation gives a black screen. Oh... and I do have periodic reboots out of the clear blue. Beginning to wonder if it's a memory thing as I look to be averaging around 40mb of available ram most of the time.

Aside from that... really looking forward to the SS 5.0 features on the X.

Keep up the Great work Chevy and I hope the Beer(s) were satisfying. dancedroid

91LudeSiT

Reaction score
The HDMI output working without motoblur, even RealHDMI doesn't work unless you have the stock blur filled crap.

MarkJohn

Reaction score
After some thought, a reboot option would be nice, an overclocking tool like the one on the new rubixs, some kind of pull down editor. The rom to either come with the good blur apps like fm radio and dlna or the ability to add blur if wanted like in liberty(even though you can't get dlna on liberty). Last thing is some sweet wallpapers and icons. Just throwing some ideas out there. Hopefully u can add a few of these.

Last edited:

Fadelight

Reaction score
Thought of yet another thing... the ability to hide frequently dialed contacts in your favorites.

chefb

Reaction score
Hey chevy, co-workers at the job pointed your name out as a trusted romer. But these are three things you could include 1) A Toolbox!!! And a app on the market(for 1$) that you could update regularly with themes , new fonts,and, tweeks. 2)awesome transitions like the ones from I think the nexus s with the power down/zoom out effect when you power down, or reboot(that TV off look). 3) finally have the first rom that unlocks the bootloader......they have a team somewhere in here that is working on that. Be the first to market with that!!! That's the one thing that I can give to apple the set the standards. Other then that port the two ginger bread roms from the d1 to the x????? Your awesome make it happen. Thanks in advance.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong Chevy..

DSP requires source built libs, libaudioflinger namely, to function. This is why it functions in source built roms, and not any of the others.

jacobydarkon

Reaction score
Chevy, I loved your ROM on the D1.

With that, my X has Liberty 1.5. It comes with a laundry list of features.

Feature list that I would like to see in SSX:

1. Install Addons (Liberty Tools) - Adds Motoblur features
2. Framework Animations. (Liberty Tools)
3. Boot Logos. (Liberty Tools)
4. Dalvik Heap Size. (Liberty Tools)
5. Install Fonts. (Liberty Tools)
6. Install Themes. (Liberty Tools)
7. Manage Boot Animations. (D1 SS 4.96)

I think that's about all I use now. I hope this helps.

As far as Gingerbread, I'm not even sure that there is a fully functional ROM out right now, so I'm not exactly worried about it. I may try the official update when/if it comes to the X.

cplum

Reaction score
Chevy I just switched to the Droid X and installed SSX1.1 today. I have been using your ROM on my droid since I think 4.6. I like the pull down bar with the WIFI, etc you integrated in SS 5.00. I also have another problem with my X. The home key and the search key are not working. This happened before I installed your ROM so you may not be able to help. I did send $20 for beer when 4.6 came out and we gladly send you another $20 if you can get my home key and search key working again. Payment was from [email protected].

I do recall having that issue myself - did you try a wipe? Scratching my head trying to recall if there was something else ...

Thanks wipe did eventually work. It happened 3 times but has been working now for several days. It was happening after random reboots. I noticed that thrs reboots were occuring when the screen was rotated in landscape and then hung up when switching back to potrait. I turned off auto rotate and have had less reboots. However I still get a random reboot every now and then. When it reboots, it always reboots to recovery. This happens on random reboots or if I just power off and power on. I appreciate your work and will send more beer money. I hope this info helps. Also I like the answer ignore buttons for handling incoming calls. Is this pat of your rom? It works about 90% of the time. About 10% of the time I have to slide to answer.