SS5.0 and camera

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by DelawareHunter, Feb 22, 2011.

1. DelawareHunter

DelawareHunter New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone having issues with taking pictures on the stock camera since upgrading to 5.0? I can open the camera, take the picture, but it gives me a completely black image. I have not wiped data and cache yet, was hoping not to have to do it. If that is what people think will fix it, i'll give it a shot.

2. heydockyle

heydockyle New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was unable to take pictures or videos with 5.0 after a clean install.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    I have had no problems taking either ... when camera opens up, are you waiting for the overlay controls to appear on the right side before trying to take a pic?

4. rich_r

rich_r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't tried video, but the camera works fine for me. Just took some pictures yesterday.

I came from SS 4.96 with no wipe. The only significant problem that I have is that locations are not working in Where, WeatherBug Elite and Beautiful Widgets. Everything else seems to be fine.

5. DelawareHunter

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, those controls are all loaded up.

After pushing the shutter button (either on the screen or the gold button on the phone), it freezes and shows me the shot I take, but saves a solid black screen to the card.

EDIT: I had 4.96 prior to this also. I am going to change kernels and see if that changes anything for some reason. I think I picked 1.2ghz LV, which is what I was using in 4.96.

EDIT2: When I try to record video, I get a forceclose after a few seconds after hitting the shutter button.

#5 DelawareHunter, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  6. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did an install with no wipe and no real issues, no issues with camera at all. I wish it was faster but thats a whole other deal. Droid 1 needs more memory. LOL :)
    5.0.1 should be out soon. :) :) :)

7. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    a gingerbread rom with working camera and camcorder was the first thing I noticed about ss5. Never had any problem with the camera or camcorder. they both work flawless for me. Wipe install as well.

8. heydockyle

heydockyle New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also waited for everything to load. Mine would take the picture and show it as a still on the screen for a second, but the picture preview in the corner would never change. Then I had no new pictures in the gallery.

9. boostedf4

boostedf4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually had this issue running rooted Stock FRG83D with a ChevyNo1 800MHz ULV kernel and 800MHz LV kernel, switched to an 800MHz MV kernel and it worked just fine. Also didn't have the issue with an ULV 1250MHz kernel either. I've been running only ChevyNo1 kernels since I rooted my phone and it wasn't until I switch to the 800MHz ULV kernel that I had this issue (which came from /kernels3). I still have the same issue with the newest kernels though too.

10. DelawareHunter

Ratings:
    +0
    So I tried a couple of different kernels and nothing worked until I switched up to 1.2 mv. Now I can take photos without any issue. Not sure if the higher voltage effects anything else, like battery time or heat. I'll have to keep an eye on them.

EDIT: Video works as well. Its wierd though, in 4.96 my phone ran great with 1.2ulv, no issues or anything, at least nothing that I ran into. Regardless, looks like its 'fixed'.