ss4.95 and setcpu

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by coker6303, Jan 4, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. coker6303

coker6303 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    for some reason my cpu is running at the max speed I set it at and if I go below 550 it just stays at 550. for example, if I set the max speed at 400 it will just stay at 550 and if I set it at 700 it stays at 700. It's killing my battery! any help?
  2. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have it set on "on demand" ??? Look the settings menu and select "devise selection" and then select "auto detect" Once you're done and you go back to your main setcpu screen you should see "setcpu 2.1.0 autodetect" at the bottom.
  3. mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei Team Liberty Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Forget Set Cpu

Uninstall setcpu,& enable overclocking in chevy tools! Then boot into recovery and clear battery history
  4. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's true you really don't need setcpu anymore with 4.95 BUT I ran a test with and without setcpu and got higher fPS and quadrant and Mflops when i ran setcpu i was able to set the minimum as appose to just checking the overclock box in tools. Tools sets cpu from the bare min to the max on whatever your kernel happens to be and is "on demand" which is not bad because when you really come right down to it both ways make Droid run well.
  5. SlickMcVega

SlickMcVega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    mine stays at 550 when plugged in. ramps up to 1.2 ghz on demand, but never falls below 550 when chargeing.
  6. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Under select the device selection button from under the setting menu and make sure setcpu is set to auto detect (recommended). Take a look at whether you are running in performance mode. Performance mode will overclock to your preset maximum frequency regardless of the minimum setting. The demand mode setting pretty much ramps up the processor anytime you perform some type of action on the phone but drops back down when the phone is idle. Conservative mode keeps the phone at its lowest frequency until you perform a task that requires a lot of processing power. Also take a look at your profile setting because they too will affect what your phone does based on if it's plugged up, running on a low battery, etc.