1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ss4.6 and alternate kernels

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by coker6303, Aug 7, 2010.

1. coker6303

coker6303 New Member

I'm running SS4.6 and i still can't get any of Chevy's kernels to go past the M bootloop. Chevy's kernel that comes with the 4.6 update file works fine, but non of the others will load. The only success I have had with loading alternate kernels has been with P3Droid.

what gives??
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

That I would expect up until kernels on 8/3 but after that a fix was made that prevented most people from seeing this issue ... where did you download the kernels from?
  3. coker6303

coker6303 New Member

I downloaded the kernels from your webpage linked in your section here on the forums. I used the updated versions, but I don't know what the deal is. Absolutely no issues with booting after p3droid kernel but can't get anything past the boot loop on yours.

Something I've noticed is I can't run the max of any kernel I load on the phone without freezing up. On your stock kernel, I had to run at 900, 1000 would lock up. On p3droid's I run at 1150, if I bump it to 1250 it locks up.

No big deal, SS4.6 is still the shiznit! I absolutely love it! blazing fast and smooth compared to what I had been running.
  4. coker6303

coker6303 New Member

forced myself to start using Rom Manager and now the kernels are working fine! First attempt failed, restored it and tried again with success. Tried a couple of different chev kernels and all are working good for me.

Thanks dude!
  5. coker6303

coker6303 New Member

I do still have a little issue, probably something to do with my individual processor. No matter what kernel I run, I can't run it on the max setting without it freezing up. as long as you keep it 1 notch below max it runs perfectly! weird!