SS4.4 slow refresh

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Tarster, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Tarster

Tarster New Member

I'm running 4.4 oc/ed to 800max 400min
    My problem is that when I switch from portrait to landscape the home screen loads slowly. Probably about 5 - 10 seconds, I have noticed it quite a bit more just recently in the last few sets of roms. I am currently using the stock home launcher, I was using home++ previously but it was even worse. This started around 3.2 or shortly after. And I have been using the same programs since then. I also only have 2 widgets running. It happens every now and then when I hit the home button after browsing the web and a few times after looking at pictures in the gallery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  2. Tarster

Tarster New Member

Bump, nothing guys? Chevy you seen this yet? Have any ideas or questions for me?
  3. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

high quality background picture? i have a bunch of nature/beach/etc pictures that my background switches between every few hours, and i've noticed on the higher quality pictures, it tends to have a similar effect

it also depends on how much memory is being used - i almost always get a slow redraw (regardless of rom/launcher) after using the gallery or the web as they use a lot of memory
  4. Tarster

Tarster New Member

Well the picture I have up is one taken from my droid of a beach scene, wouldn't say it real high res, this didn't happen to me when I was back on a 2.1 rom. Let me try doing a really crappy pic for alittle, its just annoying when it has to build all my icons back to my screen.

Edit: it also has to build all the icons every time I open my phone up to use the keyboard or even flip orentation.. even after I kill all the running apps and empty the cache (via cachemate and advanced task killer) don't know if its along the same lines, but it rebuilds all the icons in the app drawer also..
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  5. Asterisk

Asterisk New Member

Mine has been doing this since 4.3 and it made my mad as well. It is a little bit better in 4.4 but it still does it every now and then when I leave an app.
  6. DenverDroid

DenverDroid New Member

I was having similar problems with lagging on rotation and very slow (30 seconds) icon refres with 4.4, didn't have them with 4.3. Installed Launcher Pro from the market and it seems much faster - some lag at reboot, but once the phone fully boots, I get no lag on rotate. Also - widgets were disappearing on reboot, moved my widgets from SD to phone, seemed to fix that.

Hope this helps!
  7. Trav06

Trav06 New Member

I also use LauncherPro and experience a bit of lagginess on switching from portrait to landscape. I wiped data and cache 3x when installing SS 4.4, and have the 1.1ghz MedV kernel (just switched from the 1.1 ulow in hopes of fixing this and camera issues).
  8. dboss007

dboss007 New Member

Make sure that you have the memory constraints set correctly for LauncherPro. It seems that Launcher's are handled differently with Froyo which has been causing issues. I set the memory cache to compressed and checked the box to keep LauncherPro in memory and things have been MUCH smoother. Check out this thread for more info:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/58850-cant-take-home-screen-redraws-anymore.html
  9. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

According to my beta testers, this has been resolved in 4.5 - final testing/packaging up being done now!
  10. mkloharry

mkloharry New Member

Open spareparts enable fast for window animation & transition animation.
  11. Tarster

Tarster New Member

I have had both of those options in "Off" mode for 4.2 and 4.4 it has not made a difference what so ever in redraw or the amout of times it redraws... which is almost everytime i use something larger than 200kb program.. aka browser or camera or gallery... or sometimes for no reason lol, imma try out launcher pro here and see if the keep in memory option works for me then.
Search tags for this page

galaxy s4 email slow to.refresh

galaxy s4 refresh email slow

galaxy s4 slow e-mail refresh