SS v4.1 and USB mounting issue

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Mbk, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I've been having very, very good success with SS v4.1 Froyo...up until the last couple times I mounted my Droid to my PC...

After unmounting, many of my apps say that they're not installed, even though they still 'are'?? Don't have any apps installed on my SDCard, nor is Apps2SD (AFAIK)
    The only way to get the apps to show back up as installed is to reboot my Droid....
    Anyone else experiencing such?

2. Asterisk

Asterisk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can try and remount your sd card from you phone. That is the only other option I can see helping.

3. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    Nothing is helping the issue so far.... will be trying a different SDCard in a bit...

4. mkraffert

mkraffert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried going into "Settings">"Applications">"Manage Applications" and selecting the "On SD card" at the top of the screen? That will show you all applications mounted on the SD Card (if any). I found some apps ended up there without my knowledge. If there are any there, you can click on them, and click "Move to Phone" to move them back. Let me know if that works. What you are describing is apps mounted to the SD card.

5. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah I experienced that with BB v0.2 but nothing is installed or being installed onto my SDCard with SS v4.1... so that's why I'm going WTF!?:angry:

6. mkraffert

mkraffert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Beats me! But I did read a thread somewhere, can't remember where right now, that talked about reformatting the SD card to resolve certain 'weirdness'. I cleaned up my SD card and reformatted it and it 'seems' to mount faster.