1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SS to ROM manager?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ISUVetMed, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ISUVetMed

ISUVetMed New Member

I spoke with Chevy about a week ago and he said there were plans to put his ROM in ROM manager. Just curious if anyone has talked to him or heard any update on the ETA of this. I would love to be able to try it out without having to switch recoveries ect.
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I spoke to Koush yesterday and got the info to get it going - started on it last night, but life has taken over ;) My 10th anniversary this weekend so I'm going to be out of comission after tomorrow - I will try to get it in ROM Mgr by then but no promises ;)
  3. ISUVetMed

ISUVetMed New Member

Great news! Happy anniversary to you and yours, make sure you put her before the rom ;) We can wait an extra day if needed lol Id like to see you live through the weekend
  4. jr313

jr313 New Member

congradulations bro happy anniversary and many more!
  5. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Sweetness can't wait, but yea for sure put real life in front of ROMs to keep the home life in good order.

And congrats on the 10th and Happy anniversary to you and the wife. Enjoy the weekend and time together. Peace
  6. bL33d

bL33d New Member

good to hear i will be watching for it.
  7. AmericanNomads

AmericanNomads New Member

Any word yet? I really wanna try SS but would rather do it through ROM Manager if its available soon. Im not that heady on installing it otherwise
  8. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Sorry, not yet ... work has been consuming me as of late
  9. MicroChip

MicroChip New Member

No update on this in a while, have you decided not to put SS on Rom Manager?

I'm running BB v0.9 and I installed it with Rom Manager, and have paid for Rom Manager, mostly because it will be the easiest way to go to BB v1.

The problem I'm having is BB v1 is taking a long time to come out, and v0.9 is causing me some headaches, like the screens loading slow, things a lot of people have already written about.

I was thinking, heck I've got Rom Manager, I can be on a different rom in 10 minutes, but after reading, the 2 I would want to try are SS and UD, and SS isn't on Rom Manager, and UD says the version of UD on Rom Manager isn't official.

If SS gets on Rom Manager, I'll be running it...

Thanks!
    MC
  10. mcsinfl

mcsinfl New Member

congrats, just past 11 years myself
  11. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

FYI Chevyno1 is out of commission for a little bit per a post he has over at alldroid.org which is why you are not seeing anything happening or him being around much recently.

However why wait for it in Rom Manager. Just download his SSv3.1 Full.update.zip and toss it on your sdcard. Boot into recovery and install it and you are good to go. Actually you don't even have to boot into recovery you can select it via Rom Manager if you want. I choose to boot into recovery tho so I can format everything twice before installing a new ROM. I've been using Chevy's and Koush's ROM (only 2 I use anymore) this way for weeks now so I don't have to be swapping recoveries like most folks seem to think you need to. Fact is it is not needed (ie swapping recoveries)as SS will install perfectly fine via Rom Manager
  12. B-Unit

B-Unit New Member

^+1

Also, switching recoveries takes like 45sec-1min, I dont understand why thats such a deal breaker for everyone, ROM Manager handles all the work.