SS GB 5.2 not picking up Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by iWordplay, Apr 10, 2011.

1. iWordplay

iWordplay New Member

Just stopped picking up my Wi-Fi. My brother's ally is fine though. What do I do?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. undroid

undroid New Member

try a different kernel.... for some reason even though everyone is probably using the same kernel/driver/proprietaries some just don't act the same. i use rmod right now and it picks up my problematic wifi. it is also the only kernel i know of for the droid that has the smartmod gov which is pretty slick. i don't have the link right now but just do a search here in droidforums.net and you'll find it.
  3. beneharris

beneharris New Member

so it was working at one point, then stopped? what about after reboot? same thing?
  4. iWordplay

iWordplay New Member

It said it was out of range, when I'm next to router. So I then deleted (forget) network, let it scan for Wi-Fi and mines wouldn't show up. Rebooted, and still nothing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. Mohawk3

Mohawk3 New Member

Have you tried to reboot the router. That always does it for me at home when my phone won't connect. It does suck to have to go do that though. Home is really the only place I get the problem though.
  6. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c New Member

I've been having the same issue since this morning and have been trying to fix it all day. I've tried different kernels and multiple routers but me droid only displays the last network I were on. I restored a recent backup and it were back to working. So, I flashed back to the non working restore and changed the kernel. That worked at first but wouldn't scan after that. The problem persists for me but I'm too tired to try anything else for today. Any luck finding a fix?
  7. hughesjr

hughesjr New Member

There is an application in the market called WiFi Analyzer that will show you all WiFi networks and their channel/signal strength, etc.

I would grab that and see if you see any networks.
  8. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c New Member

Tried that. The first time I turned it on and hit the settings button and turned on wifi, it actually found the networks. Now, I can't gets it to find networks with WIFI ANALYZER or without it. Back to square one. The problem is, the droid doesn't see any networks. They are there but the Droid doesn't "see" them. Not a router issue.

EDIT GOTS IT WORKING
    I went into wifi settings and there were two networks that were "remembered". I long clicked on them and "forgot" them and me wifi instantly found all other networks. I'm having no problems now. Hope this helps.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  9. reaper9825

reaper9825 New Member

I have the LG Ally. I'm having the same problem. It was fine one moment and the next it just stop picking up WI-FI signals. It doesn't matter where you are. You can be next to the router, but when you search for the signal nothing comes up :mad: Does anyone know how to fix that??
  10. JonYaya

JonYaya New Member

It's a documented and still unresolved issue in Gingerbread. The only "resolution" is to keep deleting/forgetting WiFi links until it magically starts seeing the networks again as described below.

Search tags for this page
android ally wont pick up wifi
droid will not pick up wireless signal

droid x not picking up wifi

droid x will not pick up wifi
droid x wont pick up wifi signal

htc incredible 2 not picking up wifi

motorola m stopped picking up wifi
my droid does iphone will not pick up wifi
my droid will not pick p wifi even next to router
my droid wont pick up wireless signal

my htc wont pick up wifi