SS GB 5.1 - Bug List

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Mar 9, 2011.

1. redoregon

redoregon Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Have to agree here. I had a situation where the battery would drop quickly to 40% then sit there for hours and hours before continuing down to single digits.

Charged to 100%, unplugged and left unplugged for a couple minutes, then plugged back in. Rebooted to recovery, wiped battery stats, then used the phone until it was drained. Recharged overnight, and from that point I had a linear progression of battery depletion.

Or in other words, the battery numbers made sense after that.

2. rmart88

rmart88 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hey chevy,

ive noticed on more thing, hopefully its already not an issue in 5.2.

i like to have my phone set to "vibrate always" (under sound settings). but whenever i toggle my sound mode (btwn sound & vibrate and vibrate) it changes that setting in the sound settings back to "only in silent mode"... this quite annoying... since i never put it in silent mode, i only out it into vibrate mode.... and it doesnt even vibrate then... from full wipe, from 5.01. restored app data, no system data. youll prolly have 5.2 out shortly so ill just see if it pops up there too.

3. civicmon

civicmon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting... wiping the stats now. Appreciate the feedback.

Also, I have Swype on my phone and whenever I reboot, it becomes unchecked and I need to go back into settings to re-enable it. Happened the last few times I've restarted it.

Thanks for the battery tips. I will try that for sure.

#231 civicmon, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  4. 7r1ck13

7r1ck13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive never seen this built in to any rom, its not part of stock either.. Since Day 1 w/ my Droid, Ive always used Rings Extended from the Market. Its an app that replaces the Stock selector and lets you use MP3s and such for your ringers. Works great.

5. 7r1ck13

7r1ck13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Trying to find out what is going on w/ my WiFi.. If I leave it on for a good amount of time, idle (maybe 30mins) it drops back to 3G instead and I can no longer connect back to wireless.. When I check settings it shows WiFi is still on, but going in farther it shows the status as "connecting" and shows both of my WiFi's in my home as "Not in Range" even when Im right next to the router. Last night when this happen I went and changed the power setting to "never sleep" and back to the default of "only w/ screen off" and I was able to get WiFi to connect. Currently that isnt working for me, I even left it on Never Sleep and yet it seems to be sleeping.. Currently on 5.1 and my reboots are gone, but now have this new WiFi issue.. Kinda seems to be the same as 5.01..

Any thoughts?

(never really used wifi much til recently, trying to get my bandwith down under 5gigs a month.. Podcast and Pandora are eating up my bandwith.. :p )

Edit/Update:

Ran RM Fix Perm, - no luck...
    Removed WiFi Tether (this was my suspect.. seems to act up after using this app) - no luck..

After pounding my head, I went and toggled again, to never sleep, in WiFi Sleep Policy and pop, my networks show'd up in range again.. Im not sure why as I did this many many times b4 and after above fix attempts.. Not sure what can be causing this, its bugging me..

#233 7r1ck13, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  6. osynergyoescapeo

Ratings:
    +0
    If you start ur droid with the keyboard open the back light doesn't come on and the landscape on screen keyboard pops up unless you close it and open it again to have the phone recognize that its slid open... also after calls my 3g turns off sorry if these have already been called to attention

7. evander

evander New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone having problems with not recieving texted messages? Also google voice text messages are not being pushed through. Also gps is not turning on all the time and when it does the location it shows is sometimes not correct.

Pleaseeee Help!!!!!

8. andrewrvincent

Ratings:
    +0
    corporate email not syncing

chevy

I've been running 5.1 since the release and lately my corporate email (microsoft outlook exchange server) does not seem to sync consistently. I will get batches of emails all at once or no emails all, but at other times it works great. I have gone through the settings and everything is as it should be. I found with other GB roms corporate email doesn't work at all but w/ your's it seems to work - but sporadically. Could it be the task killer?

9. aristoid

aristoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Reboot while on usb

Ok, I did a quick search of the thread for 'reboot', didn't find anything that was similar, so thought I would put this out there.

I was at 70 percent on the battery when I installed this ROM, so after it booted the first time, plugged it into the USB. I was re-installing some of my apps/setup as I have been flashing a lot lately, and know the few things I need to have to make it usable for my day to day needs. I had one random reboot, so decided to let it alone for a while to charge. After it was back to 80% I restarted adding things I wanted. While playing in the market to reinstall apps, and updating others, it rebooted again.

I wasn't too worried about this, as things sometimes happen. What I did notice however, is that when it rebooted and remained plugged in to the USB, it went into bootloops. I would catch it when it was completely down, unplug it, and it went into a normal boot.

Naturally, I sought to reproduce the occurrence so once I was back up and stable I did a manual reboot while plugged in to the USB. The same thing happened again. Bootloops until I unplugged from the USB, then a normal boot. I have not tried to replicate it with a full charge, but will again when the battery is full.

As a side note, it took a single bootloop into a reboot both times I unplugged it for the system to come back up. It did this on initial install as well, but I have experienced weird little things like this happening on a new ROM install in the past so thought nothing of it.

I did do a normal wipe cache/factory reset on install(x3), but did not wipe the partition sections(still have to remember which two to wipe :blush:).

I will try to reproduce again tomorrow and let you know if this is still happening with a full battery. (this is more of a 'head's up!' if you haven't seen/heard about this before)

I am impressed with this so far. Your Froyo ROMs didn't like my phone much, but I was a bit newer to all this at the point I tried them. I have tried most of the other GB ROMs , and hope I can get this one to be stable. I like it a lot !!

Thanks for all your work. dancedroid

Aristoid

10. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably. See here for the 5.1 release thread. The line "com.android.email" in "/data/chevyno1/csm.lst" means that the email app is killed upon boot, and won't be started again automatically by the OS. Take that line out of that file, save and reboot, and you should be good.

11. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Keep in mind that even if you remove it from my task killer - Android might kill it later

Search tags for this page

droid x the maximum number of recipients has been reached

lg phone blue battery spinning arrow