SS GB 5.1 - Bug List

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Mar 9, 2011.

1. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm wondering if that is a handcent option only? Or did you see it in say the stock mms app previously? Can you still do this in other 2.3.3 roms?

2. JBPruitt

JBPruitt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it was a general function option...

It worked with everything that had a ringtone... :(...

3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Hmmmm - since 5.1 is 2.3.3, I do not know if it was removed as an update, or if CM removed it - if you see it in another 2.3.3 ROM let me know ...

4. lindel

lindel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a folder just for my mp3s, and I've been able to use them as ringtones without any issue. They show up in the sound/phone ringtone menu. I did a wipe per the directions and came from PE 4.2.

Not sure if having a folder on the SD card makes a difference or not, or if it even applies to the conversation.

5. jrmdroid

jrmdroid Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Since I have been using my DROID I have only seen where you can set the ringtone via the longpress in the music app or long press the actual mp3 file using Astro. I have not seen it in the settings> sounds> phone ringtone unless it has already been used as a ringtone using the 2 methods I described.

6. lindel

lindel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It could be that I've got a "ringtones" sub-folder in the mp3 folder. Those are the only ones that show up in the settings>sound>phone ringtone menu.

7. keyblade

keyblade Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After installing the unthemed version + normal animations zip my Home button doesn't do anything (not even vibration to signify that it registered).

I wiped data/cache, did not restore anything. Thats just how it worked straight after (2) fresh installs.

8. biiishplz

biiishplz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    While I didn't figure out how to run the df command in recovery, I did take the step of flashing ClockworkMod Recovery onto my phone, formatting cache and data, and made sure I had plenty of time and patience. Sure enough, I did run into the same problem, but I realized it was not a complete freeze. The phone would actually respond to one input (touch, swipe, softkey), seemingly every 2 minutes or so. I left it alone, and it eventually soft rebooted itself (straight to boot animation, no M logo) and then went about the business of downloading and restoring my apps. Presto! I've missed the fruits of your labours, and I've also missed being able to use Google Maps Navigation and listen to music at the same time. I promise you, as soon as I'm employed again, there will be a donation headed your way, Chevy!

9. civicmon

civicmon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there,

I'm still having battery issues. I had them on 5.0 where I did a fresh wipe and reinstall of each program manually but it's still going on with 5.1

Basically, it'll go from 60% to 20% in a heartbeat and then languish at that. I'm using a LV kernel (or maybe even a ULV, I can't remember) with setcpu for 1200 with screen on and 500 with screen off.

Any ideas? I tried to search but didn't find anything. Thanks for insight.

10. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    This is installing 5.1 correct? There was an installer/backup issue in 5.01 that caused that EXACT problem. But it is not a problem in 5.1. I would suggest wiping 2-3 times and try the install again - should not happen!

11. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Definitely odd - but glad it is working! Thanks for your support!

12. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Have you installed another ROM to make sure it is SS itself? Sounds like a battery going bye-bye to me ... did you wipe battery stats?

Search tags for this page

droid x the maximum number of recipients has been reached

lg phone blue battery spinning arrow