SS GB 5.00 is Ready! - 2/11/11

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Feb 11, 2011.

1. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    When you say 'shuts off and reboots' - I assume you see the 'M' again? If so - likely a kernel problem. However - if you haven't done a full wipe - I would try that as well

2. Mack4505

Mack4505 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea it just randomly restarts and i had lv 1.0 so i went up to mv 1.2 thinking it might help but thanks guys ill try your ideas and my buddy is the one that rooted it for me so just a simple question, if i open up reboot recover and fully wipe will i have to root it again or can i just re download ss 5.0 and get a different kernel and select wipe from there once it downloads? Thanks alot chevy i know you answer a million questions a day on here but this new 5.0 is bad ass and i want to use it to the fullest

3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Your root will stay intact - you will lose any settings in the ROM, text messages, etc - but root will stay. So just install and setup again the way you like .. take a backup (ie nandroid) before you wipe though ..

4. Monkey74

Monkey74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem, when on a browser and go to a website with flash content, it will lock and then reboot. Just changed the clock speed to 1.1, we'll see how it does. Now, I've tried deleting some apps with the ChevyNo1 Tools and it doesn't work. I just sits there as it if was deleting but nothing. It will every now and then don't do what I want it to do, but other than that, your ROM rocks. Thanks.

5. Mack4505

Mack4505 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I've been messing with this all night and i think i found what helped. I had the set cpu app and i moved it all the way up to the max and my phone started freezing and rebooting so i restored it and deleted the catch and data for the android market and didnt download the set cpu back so that must of been it cause it hasnt reboot all night. Im running the 1.2 mv with no cpu and its working perfect guess i had it to high so hopefully that helps

6. unlstorm

unlstorm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Eta on 5.01?

Looking forward to the newest gb. Really missing Google voice operation the most. It's my main texting method.

7. Hockey

Hockey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay thanks.

I have SU File Manager should that work?

8. Monkey74

Monkey74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another thing I've discover, I have the keyboard set to English and Spanish, however, there's no Spanish dictionary on it. No word auto completion.

9. erox76

erox76 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok just did that...seems ok for now, will see how it handles the rest of today!! Thanx a load guys

Yea its still laggy if it has been sitting untouched for a while! and very slow to change orientation, from portrait to landscape and vice versa... but other than that it runs like a dream

Scratch that..almost forgot the fix permissions script does not work under chevyno1 tools however the one in rom manager does!! the toggles adds script is also questionable as it only ever say adds are on never says off...only ones ive had issues with so far!!

Btw am running ss5.0 and ulv1.1 kernel with adw and gingerbread theme

#333 erox76, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  10. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    All languages other than English were removed to save space, as GB takes up a lot more space than Froyo ... that would explain it missing

11. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh man!!! I can't wait for 5.0.1

12. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    5.01 fixes the toggle ads, and going forward fix permissions in my tools will actually run the RM fix permissions :)

Search tags for this page
fotakill galaxy s4

fotakill.apk

md5 hash primary key
what is fotakill apk
what is fotakill.apk