SS GB 5.00 - Bug List

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Feb 11, 2011.

1. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Sounds great regarding the looping. I usually will freeze the apps that do the incessant restarts since most are not ones I need at a moments notice and then it just takes 2 seconds to unfreeze them.
    Maps does this as well as super manager just to name a few off the top of my head.

With your new killer will we be able to whitelist certain apps so only we can kill them, like fancy widget pro as an example?

2. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Both.

some of them are facebook pics and will show and others will not...

some i add via my gallery manually and they will show up in the contacts long list, but if i make a call their pics will not show on the 'in call' screen and the contact pics wont show in native sms app or hancent...or any other 3rd party apps that uses contact pics.

the dups is not that many that i am freaking out...maybe 3 of my contacts duplicated. so i can just manually delete

3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Initially, this will kill a given list of apps at startup, try X times, and sleep X seconds between each try. At some point I may get more creative with this - but initially I am just trying to solve a boot-time problem

4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    I misunderstood the order of dependency - you are saying that gtalk depends on OTHER apps, say mms? If that's the case - the coding would then be done in Gtalk, which I do not have the code to ... I searched mms for gtalk and found nothing

5. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Ahhh - OK I will see what I can find!

6. DaSnOoTeRKiNG

DaSnOoTeRKiNG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    fml

Well you were rite it should load and did... My dumbass forgot to partition sdcard...Unfortunately while installing lxde my screen blanked then phone rebooted which is one of the first occurance..........regardless i try to cont. and get dpkg interrupted and sudo dpkg --configure -a does absolutely nothin......(sighs) S.M.H.......do you think the black scrren which forced reboot was due to the load on the phone.....anyways working now and very annoyed lol maybe ill just wipe sdcard and start from scatch....

7. Rocinante

Rocinante New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the same problem. I thought it was because I deleted the stock messaging program, but on the release of SS5.0 I decided to come back and try it again. I made sure to keep the stock program. Still no luck getting pic messages.. It just says "downloading".. I wiped 3 times when I installed 5.0 and try reinstalling after another wipe and not using TB to restore Handcent, still no luck.. I would love to run SS5.0 but need my pic messages. :(

8. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Something I have had happen twice in the past 2 days now that may be isolated to my phone as I haven't seen them listed in the first 18 pages. When I get a phone call, and pick up the phone, the screen shows the caller and icon, but the answer/ignore sliders aren't visible and just didn't exist - no way to answer the call.
    Not sure if it is due to an inconvenient redraw issue in screen orientation as I was picking it up or what. I just called those 2 people back, but I'll keep track if it happens again.

9. compulsiveguile

compulsiveguile New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unable to take pictures (Camera bug?)

I'm having issues using the camera in general. It looks to take a picture and then the photo itself doesn't save. If I select the most recent picture while in the Camera app, nothing happens (it's just a black square). If I navigate to media, I have blank squares/placeholders for the pictures that I just "took."

10. kc2kzz

kc2kzz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same lockscreen issue as fish1552. It only happened once, but I only get maybe 1 or 2 calls a day at the most.

11. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I actually experienced something similar once, but I had the sliders on the screen, but they were unresponsive. everything else was fine because i pulled the notification shade down in a frantic attempt at trying to get my phone to answer...i.e accessing through ongoing notification.

my issue is more the response time to answer or end a call is horrible...if i allow the screen to blank out during a call, theres a good chance i will not be able to get it back up or have to wait a while for it to come on again.

12. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so what you're saying is if your phone is constantly running out of memory and when this happens some apps like Maps or map search will shut down and return to the home screen. And to cure this setting VM heap to 32 and enabling Compcache should help?

Search tags for this page

user denied geolocation samsung