[ROM] SS 5.6 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Oct 17, 2011.

1. tek112

tek112 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I may have overspoke, my apologies if I did. If you go into Settings-ChevyNo1 Tools-Options-Low Battery LED you can change the value for notification down to 5%. However, I misread that the first times as being the battery notification, just not the LED notification. I have been through so many ROMs recently, I just got confused. Try turning it down to 5% and see if that changes the global notifications. I honestly don't know.

2. hellomcfly

hellomcfly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    weird... my battery does exactly the same thing. for some reason it always skips the 40's and 30's. i figured it was just because the battery is so old and overused.

3. EAK

EAK Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I decided to wipe everything and start fresh with 5.6 last night and it seems like it helped a little with the lag I was getting waking the phone up. Everything is running smoother now and the only issue it would seem is the low battery thing popping up every percentage it goes down, so lowered it to 5% and found out that you can turn the sound off too for that warning in settings>sound>low battery sound.

4. motcher41

motcher41 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did a full wipe install and cant seem to get a full charge it says 100 but as soon as I unplug it, it drops to 90. Deleted battery stats in recovery too that didnt help. Any idea?

5. NicoleNXD

NicoleNXD Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Same thing here. Thought it was just me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

6. baldybill

baldybill Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Ok, just for fun, I wiped the cache, dalvik cache, reinstalled ss 5.6 and still get the system processes error. what else could be wrong?

Oh, I seem to get it most when I install a new app.

7. flyinion

flyinion Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Have you tried a full wipe and reinstall?

8. baldybill

baldybill Member

Ratings:
    +3
    No, I hate doing it since it takes me so long to restore the phone to how I want it.
    I'll see if I can find time this wkend to do that.

Any tips on quickly restoring everything? Besides using TB?

9. tek112

tek112 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It takes under an hour for a fully restore, but you have to jam a crowbar in your wallet and buy titanium pro.

Backup all user apps and then go nuclear and clear everything. Install the ROM and let it boot. Set up your google account and tell it not to restore your device, but to backup all apps. Then let the phone sit for 5min. Reboot the phone and opent the market and download titanium pro and restore all user apps and adat (NO SYSTEM DATA). Then perform the market fix and reboot. Upon reboot recreate your desktop and relay out your widgets.

I cannot emphasize enough how important titanium pro is. I know it is a pain, but even more of a pain is having a jacked up ROM.

10. jpin321

jpin321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My CPU settings keep resetting back to 125 - 600. It was fine until I enabled the lock screen CPU settings.

I'm on a full wipe but seem to keep having lag issues where 5.5 was like butter. I'm using set CPU now to keep the CPU settings correct but set CPU send to cause some lag itself.

I dunno I'm thinking of going back to 5.5 :(....

Sent from my Simply Stunning Droid

11. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely try a full wipe. And as tek112 said, big factor is not to restore system data. I personally don't use TiBu, but whatever works. You could also try chevy's backup and restore scripts. Ideally, going from one gingerbread build to another shouldn't cause problems. Another way to quickly restore apps, but unfortunately no data, is to copy all the apks out of the /data/app folder and after the new rom install copy them back over. I've done that a couple of times.

12. bigeric828

bigeric828 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    1 thing ive noticed along with the task killer not freeing up much memory, it also isn't clearing compcache stats.

13. Nobody1124

Nobody1124 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well my battery is new i bought a new one cause i seen so many people have good battery life on chevys roms i got use 2 having a 6-8 hours of battery life withouth hard usage so i got the new battery and still hasnt helped.the 5.6 rom seem's to last longer at 1st but like i said it seem's 2 drain from 50 40% to the 20% and my phone actually died when i was on the phone around 15%.

14. geoffwhite18

geoffwhite18 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been noticing some buggy stuff in the adw launcher. If you change the color for the highlight press in ui settings, it leaves a weird smear on the homescrean and when I select an app in the app drawer it lights up the entire app drawer that color
    Edited
    Sorry. It was a problem with the Mac os theamed adw I was using. The original theme works fine.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  15. markwebb

markwebb Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Well, I tried quite a few of Chevy's kernels and still got constant reboots. I don't know. Maybe I need to start from scratch and reinstall. Very unusual.

Search tags for this page

how to changebattery notifications simply stunning

simply stunning 5.6 multimedia messaging