[ROM] SS 5.6 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Oct 17, 2011.

1. baldybill

baldybill Member

Ok, just for fun, I wiped the cache, dalvik cache, reinstalled ss 5.6 and still get the system processes error. what else could be wrong?

Oh, I seem to get it most when I install a new app.
  2. flyinion

flyinion New Member

Have you tried a full wipe and reinstall?
  3. baldybill

baldybill Member

No, I hate doing it since it takes me so long to restore the phone to how I want it.
    I'll see if I can find time this wkend to do that.

Any tips on quickly restoring everything? Besides using TB?
  4. tek112

tek112 New Member

It takes under an hour for a fully restore, but you have to jam a crowbar in your wallet and buy titanium pro.

Backup all user apps and then go nuclear and clear everything. Install the ROM and let it boot. Set up your google account and tell it not to restore your device, but to backup all apps. Then let the phone sit for 5min. Reboot the phone and opent the market and download titanium pro and restore all user apps and adat (NO SYSTEM DATA). Then perform the market fix and reboot. Upon reboot recreate your desktop and relay out your widgets.

I cannot emphasize enough how important titanium pro is. I know it is a pain, but even more of a pain is having a jacked up ROM.
  5. jpin321

jpin321 New Member

My CPU settings keep resetting back to 125 - 600. It was fine until I enabled the lock screen CPU settings.

I'm on a full wipe but seem to keep having lag issues where 5.5 was like butter. I'm using set CPU now to keep the CPU settings correct but set CPU send to cause some lag itself.

I dunno I'm thinking of going back to 5.5 :(....

Sent from my Simply Stunning Droid
  6. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 New Member

Definitely try a full wipe. And as tek112 said, big factor is not to restore system data. I personally don't use TiBu, but whatever works. You could also try chevy's backup and restore scripts. Ideally, going from one gingerbread build to another shouldn't cause problems. Another way to quickly restore apps, but unfortunately no data, is to copy all the apks out of the /data/app folder and after the new rom install copy them back over. I've done that a couple of times.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. bigeric828

bigeric828 New Member

1 thing ive noticed along with the task killer not freeing up much memory, it also isn't clearing compcache stats.
  8. Nobody1124

Nobody1124 New Member

Well my battery is new i bought a new one cause i seen so many people have good battery life on chevys roms i got use 2 having a 6-8 hours of battery life withouth hard usage so i got the new battery and still hasnt helped.the 5.6 rom seem's to last longer at 1st but like i said it seem's 2 drain from 50 40% to the 20% and my phone actually died when i was on the phone around 15%.
  9. geoffwhite18

geoffwhite18 New Member

I've been noticing some buggy stuff in the adw launcher. If you change the color for the highlight press in ui settings, it leaves a weird smear on the homescrean and when I select an app in the app drawer it lights up the entire app drawer that color
    Edited
    Sorry. It was a problem with the Mac os theamed adw I was using. The original theme works fine.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  10. markwebb

markwebb New Member

Well, I tried quite a few of Chevy's kernels and still got constant reboots. I don't know. Maybe I need to start from scratch and reinstall. Very unusual.
  11. sandfreak

sandfreak New Member

I haven't had a chance to look through the thread yet. I apologize if this has been brought up already.

I'm randomly being asked to grant particular apps super user permission. I'll click the "remember" button but it still requests again later.

I'm using superuser elite but that's nothing new, I have been on all other roms as well as Chevy's previous.

Any ideas?

12. googlelover

googlelover New Member

I think its the updated Superuser app, have you updated it recently?
  13. hellomcfly

hellomcfly New Member

i got the weird battery dip (59%-29%) today around 5 pm, so i rebooted, and it came back at 50%. after about 5 minutes, it dropped to 19%, so i rebooted again, and it came back to 50% again. it's now 9 pm and my meter claims that i have 40%, but the battery usage graph looks like it's actually around 20%. maybe they just need to be retrained? i plan to let it fully die and bring it back up to 100% and see if things stay consistent afterwards.
  14. Nobody1124

Nobody1124 New Member

This is happening to me and i let it die completely and charged it back up and the same thing still happen's.i havent gotten an answer to it so idk what to tell you
  15. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 New Member

You could try clearing your battery stats in recovery. In RZ Recovery, it should be under wipe options. Been a while since I used CW recovery, but I think it's in the advanced menu. If you do wipe them, do so on a full charge. Use your phone as normal, but let the battery die completely. Afterwards, charge it up all the way once more, without interruption, meaning don't unplug it until it's once again charged to 100%. I'm honestly not sure if unplugging it or wiping them on less than a full charge would make a difference, just read somewhere this is the best way to do it.

Sent from the Planet Express delivery ship
  16. Fakecharles

Fakecharles New Member

Hi -

I can't get the BT voice prompt script to run. It just spins. Is there a way to manually install?
  17. Nobody1124

Nobody1124 New Member

Thnx ill try it and let you know if that fixes the problem
  18. sandfreak

sandfreak New Member

I may have, I don't remember. I'll just deal with it for now and hope for a SU update.

Also I'm not concerned but I wanted to mention that I also get the "Process System Not Responding" or something like that message. I've been getting it on the last few roms I've been using so after I while I've gotten used to it. Just wanted to let others know they're not alone with that issue.
  19. bigeric828

bigeric828 New Member

I'm getting 5% dips in battery even after callibration. Going to let ti die again without wiping and recharing to see if it helps.
  20. markwebb

markwebb New Member

Ok, after 3 attempts, numerous wipes, and a few hours re-installing apps, finally got the ROM to work w/o re-boots. I also had to change to ULV 1.1 kernel. Importantly, after trial and error, determined Launcher Pro was the culprit causing the Re-boots.
    Now, my battery life has been dreadful: after barely using the phone, it drops like 20% at a time and last night, my phone died while in sleep mode. :mad:
    Determined to get this working.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
Search tags for this page

how to changebattery notifications simply stunning

simply stunning 5.6 multimedia messaging