[ROM] SS 5.6 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Oct 17, 2011.

1. NicoleNXD

NicoleNXD New Member

When using the task killer, the numbers don't seem to show up right. Shouldn't I have more memory after using it than before?
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. 1FZFE

1FZFE Member

Similar results here. I've gotten lower numbers a few times after running it. As mentioned before, I think the available memory calculations are too low from the start.
  3. hellomcfly

hellomcfly New Member

if i reboot while charging, i can't turn the screen on unless i unplug the phone. anyone else seen that?
  4. ufcfan72

ufcfan72 Member

Same issue here!

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
  5. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 New Member

This happens to me as well. It started on 5.5 I think. In my case I don't have to unplug the phone, though. I just hit power as if to put it to sleep, then hit power once more, and the screen comes back on. Try that next time. It's strange, but not really an issue that bothers me.
  6. MANATARMS

MANATARMS New Member

Confirmed...

Also..If I turn off the wi-fi...I lose it completely...I can power it back on, but it will never find any access points in range....All showing BSSID's with zero MAC's 00:00:00:00:00:00

I have to reinstall the ROM to get wifi back...

It's pretty clear to me that Chevy's ROMS are no longer adequately tested...the last good release was 5.2.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  7. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 New Member

First off, that's a tiny bit harsh. I think Chevy's roms are tested more thoroughly than most others. Remember that Chevy is only one man who takes time out of his personal life to do this for fun, for a device that he doesn't even keep activated any more. Also, keep in mind that we're pushing our OG Droids to limits they were never expected to reach, and that every device is different. The black screen after a reboot is something I've experienced too, since 5.5, but if you'll read the post above yours, it's not really a big deal. As for the wifi, I too had some issues that started on 5.5 (no connections/random drops and reconnects). My solution was to adjust my wireless router settings. I switched the security to wpa-psk instead of a wpa/wpa2 mix. All my wifi issues were solved. Finally, I know this sounds like a lot of work, but if you encounter recurring problems of any nature, even after properly wiping and installing fresh, it might be a good idea to sbf back to stock and start the whole process from scratch. I did this back on 5.5, and it's like a brand new droid afterwards.
  8. bigeric828

bigeric828 New Member

Did you wipe completely and everything? By far most stable rom and im guessing you didnt wipe fully to check if that helps.
  9. MANATARMS

MANATARMS New Member

Yes...I fully wiped..Wifi was fine until I added a new network...After it was unable to connect to the new access point, I turned Wifi off. After that I could no longer connect to ANY access points...Scan no longer worked...

I did a full wipe again...reinstalled...repeated what I did above...again...totally lost Wifi altogether. same result...

Tried reinstalling 5.6 over top of 5.6 again...this time without wiping......Scan still did not work...Fixed permissions...Scan still didn't work..

Did a full wipe again....reinstalled ROM..Wifi works again....

Something is going wrong with either wpasupplicant or wpasupplicant.conf I suspect, or possibly using the "Forget Network" function on Remembered Networks.

Another bug?

Chevy Scripts>Delete Selected>All Bloatware - Does not delete any of the apps in the list. I don't have most of those installed but it doesn't remove the ones included with the ROM either (e.g. Google Books, Launcher2, Visual Voicemail, etc)
  10. bigeric828

bigeric828 New Member

Definatly odd. Been using Wifi all day fine. hope Chevy can comment with a fix
  11. shiznit7

shiznit7 New Member

Once my battery reaches 5%, the threshold that I have my notification for, the notification literally pops up every second I try to use my phone to the point it almost becomes unusable. Any suggestions or is this just my crappy battery? Thanks
  12. kwalnut

kwalnut New Member

I have the same issue. Only solution i have is not to let it go down that low
  13. duke69111

duke69111 New Member

My phone is doing the exact same thing. My battery low notification pops up every second as well starting at 8%. My threshold is set to 15%, before it reached 8% it was poping up every time the percent would drop by one.

I also tried a fix permissions and that did not help.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  14. tek112

tek112 New Member

Chevy,

First and foremost, you rock! I love my D1 and I was burning through ROMs like no ones business trying to drag out the life of it. I was a Liquid fan up until 2.0 and then all sorts of things went wacky. In search of another ROM I stumbled across SS 5.4, now I have always used your kernels, but never your ROMs. No specific reason, but I needed a change. Well, your ROM changed everything. It is like a new phone and I couldn't be happier with what I have. I stumbled across 5.6 by accident as ROM Manager is not updated with your latest.

Now for the bugs. Nothing big, but I have noticed the following:

1.) Upon reboot I notice the min/max values for the kernel reset to 250/250.

2.) Battery notification for every % decrease wants the notification kicks in.

3.) The Sony Ericsson Launcher can't keep all of my apps straight. After an unspecified period of time the launcher takes 5 pages of apps and spreads them over 20 pages, some pages having a single app on them. I then sort by name and they go back in order, but after a while they get weird again.

4.) 3G has dropped out once on me and I toggled data to get it back. It seems to happen when I spend long period of time in no service areas, it just doesn't want to reconnect. In 5.5 it would do it every few days, but it is a lot better and better than any other GB ROM I tried.

I am coming from a clean wipe and sd format.

Thanks again for all you do.
  15. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 New Member

So the constant low battery notification appears to be a known issue across the board. I'm sure Chevy has made note of that. One thing I just experienced was upon waking my droid, it was extremely sluggish. Ran the task killer, no luck. Checked the CPU settings, and the min/max values were both at 250. I've only noticed a couple others seeing this either after a reboot or random instances. I think it may have to do with the new option to keep the phone clocked down when the screen is off. Maybe whatever script is supposed to clock it up upon waking the droid sporadically fails to run? Has anyone else seen this happen at all?
Search tags for this page

how to changebattery notifications simply stunning

simply stunning 5.6 multimedia messaging