[ROM] SS 5.6 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Oct 17, 2011.

1. nb2a

nb2a Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have never with any of Chevys roms had to do a full wipe or mess with permissions. I wipe the cache and that was all. I may have to try a full wipe at this point.

2. tek112

tek112 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just use titanium backup and you can go from from clean to a stocked rom in 15 minutes. All you'll have to do is set up your home screens. Don't restore system data.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

3. nb2a

nb2a Member

Ratings:
    +1

Thanks I will give that a try
    Happy new year!

4. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    Anyone, no matter what their sometimes previous postive experiences who doesn't do a full factory data reset (wipe data/cache) in between rom installs is just asking for problems IMHO.

That is what MyBackupPro is made for.

just saying, but not flamin' . . . . .:biggrin:

5. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Current Phone Model:
    Well, I have been running this rom for 3-4 days now and so far so good. I did have the button on top of button once or twice, but I went into performance settings and uncheck 'surface dithering' which seemed to help with that and overall performance. I have had CPU setting reset to 250/600 once or twice, but just reset and rebooted and all was fine. The only other thing was yesterday I was on a long phone call and when it was over, the phone just stayed black, and I had to do a battery pull, but it may have been due to "Not Call Log Classic" however I haven't had another call to try to see if the removal of that app fixed it. I have not had the sudden battery drop from ~50% to ~20%, but I attribute that to my swapping my batteries and not charging them in the phone, hence giving my batteries overall better health and longevity.

I would like to point out to the person (I read this whole thread yesterday) that did a factory data reset and had problems, ChevyNo1's roms are the only ones that install stuff to /data so if you do a data wipe, you may as well re-install the rom. Also, I did the "force LED" fix for Handcent to flash and that fixed that issue for me.

Now for the nitty-gritty: I came from CM6.3, did a full wipe and then installed. As I said in the main rom thread, my apps restored automatically; first time a rom has done that in over a year for me. I have not used a different kernel nor any V6 stuff, just like ChevyNo1 suggested in the main rom thread and I think this _might_ be the best GB rom I have had on my phone to date; unless the phone bug I had happens again. But hey, who uses it as a phone anymore?

#197 teddyearp, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  6. nathan66669

nathan66669 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    screen bugs

I've had very little problems from 5.6 but just last week started getting screen glitches.Sometimes it starts opening apps by itself and typing letters. This will only happen sitting in my hand (or on desk) with screen on. I have no screen protector and the screen was cleaned with an LED screen cleaner wipe (been using them for 2 years on this phone). The screen just goes haywire on me.My buddy also has SS5.6 and ever since I installed on his phone (factory reset and wiped cache) his does same thing (backspace key will put multiple letters, screen will jitter around when he tries long click, random apps opening). I reverted him back to stock and no issues like this, as well as 5.5It's very strange since I had none of these issues before. Anyone else had this happen to them? Is there a screen calibration needed?

7. jpin321

jpin321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had the same problem. Different roms won't fix it, didn't for me at least. Mine was a failed digitizer, if yours isn't that bad now, unfortunately it will get worse. Mine actually failed the day before the nexus dropped. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

8. nb2a

nb2a Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Unable to see wifi signal

After many FCs I finally did a complete wipe and re-install of 5.6. I now cannot connect to either of my wifi connections that are up. I even did my passwords again and still no luck with either seeing icon on top or get a connection.I still cannot scan for a WIFI signal either. I tried even loading an older version of SS with still having messages on each WIFI on my list saying not in range and having scan option grayed out.I am using the wifi no problem now on a laptop. Any ideas? Thanks

#200 nb2a, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  9. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Current Phone Model:
    Try restoring your latest working backup to make sure it is not hardware related. Then do a clean flash from there.

good luck

10. nb2a

nb2a Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Now I am stuck in what appears to be a bootloop at the Motorola logo. Anyone know what files and how to get back to life?
    Thanks again

11. johnnyb15613

johnnyb15613 Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    Your 1st issue (wifi) sounds to me like its kernal related. If you are in a boot loop, pull your battery and hold x + power to enter recovery. Reflash your backup . I would suggest to all to SBF your phone using one of Peter Alfonsos SBF files on his web site. Your phone will be like new. Then root and flash ur favorite ROM. SS 5.6 gave me problems when I first flashed, but after SBFing then flashing all was well. Good luck

12. nb2a

nb2a Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What is x please? This is a droid 1 thanks for the helpful info

Search tags for this page

how to changebattery notifications simply stunning

simply stunning 5.6 multimedia messaging